The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

45 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

As a former soldier, this is a terrible idea. Morale would be destroyed if you couldn't trust the people working with you, so conscripting people who don't want to be there would be ridiculous.

Soldiers take real pride in being professional. It would be devastating to undermine that.

I’m not much of a military strategist, but I’d have thought there are two army strategies.

One, you have a vast unending line of cannon fodder to exhaust the oppositions stocks of bullets and bombs.

Two, you have a small, dedicated, professional ‘elite’ army.

It appears some want a third option, a small army of cannon fodder.

• Haha 3

It feels like so long ago now that he needed to address the nation in an emergency speech from a lectern outside No 10 where he condemned hate speech and extremism.

It wasn’t made clear at the time he didn’t mean wealthy donors that say they want a black woman shot.

Stuff comes around fast, don’t it.

5 letters of no confidence received yesterday apparently. They need to end this death spiral at their earliest opportunity, so they will still be represented in Westminster after the election. They need a damage limitation April General Election.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They need a damage limitation April General Election.

I think that's technically possible up to today if my maths is right but being as the local elections are May 2nd, I think the deadline for that is around 20th March

See though, I'm torn, as much as I want them gone, I want them gone as an electoral force for good so I may be prepared for a few more months of death spiral if I'm completely honest

• Like 2

It should also be noted in relation to Mr Hester that the meeting where he said this in 2019 was for foreign workers at his business where he made a number of other racist comments alongside the Abbott one. These are only starting to be reported on now. One of his comments was about "Asian Corner" in the office and another suggested that the Indians could get on the roof if there wasn't enough room. I also thing this meeting was arranged, from what I've read, to explain to his non-white work force that he wasn't actually racist

Oh his healthcare firm takes money from the NHS and Dept of Health and Social Care... make of that what you will

The Abbott stuff is just the tip of the iceberg for this bloke

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think that's technically possible up to today if my maths is right but being as the local elections are May 2nd, I think the deadline for that is around 20th March

See though, I'm torn, as much as I want them gone, I want them gone as an electoral force for good so I may be prepared for a few more months of death spiral if I'm completely honest

Yup, there's talk for the "it'll be a May election" faction that he'll do PMQs next week then at 3pm announce the election for May 2nd. So at least by this time next week the May / Autumn / January thing will be a bit clearer.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It feels like so long ago now that he needed to address the nation in an emergency speech from a lectern outside No 10 where he condemned hate speech and extremism.

It wasn’t made clear at the time he didn’t mean wealthy donors that say they want a black woman shot.

Stuff comes around fast, don’t it.

5 letters of no confidence received yesterday apparently. They need to end this death spiral at their earliest opportunity, so they will still be represented in Westminster after the election. They need a damage limitation April General Election.  

They must have a copy and paste no confidence letter on all of their laptops. Dear Sir or Madam I have come to the conclusion that our insert pm name, no longer carries the confidence of the conservative party. Yours etc.etc.

• Like 1

Hold on… they shouldn’t be returning it, they should be donating it to some sort of NHS fund. Returning it, just gives the racist £10mil back that he earned on the back of the NHS

• Like 2

Ministers have unveiled a new extremism definition under which certain groups will be blocked from government funding and meeting officials.

It will apply to, but not criminalise, groups that promote an ideology based on "violence, hatred or intolerance".

link

And forever and a day they were questioned on the behaviour of their own MP’s, donors, family, business partners and friendly media outlets who spout hatred and intolerance every day.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

link

And forever and a day they were questioned on the behaviour of their own MP’s, donors, family, business partners and friendly media outlets who spout hatred and intolerance every day.

As predicted, Gove has been grilled on whether the tory donors comments met the new definition and he flapped around it without answering. Muppets.

It was interesting that Sky chose to run an interview this morning with a guy who's current really involved with several Muslim groups Friends of Al-Aqsa, Muslim Association of Britain (MAB), Muslim Engagement and Development who says that this is an attack on free speech. He was also one of the main ring leaders of the group that was protesting outside schools in Birmingham saying they shouldn't be allowing "LGBT literature" in schools. Hardly a poster boy for the "we're definitely not extremists" cause.

• Like 2

Been watching "The rise and fall of Boris Johnson" on the telly box.

I cannot believe how out of his depth this fool was....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Some people want him back.

Some people think he did a good job.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Some people are thick as pigshit

I bet some of these people also say things like “all politicians are corrupt and liars”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Oh I can. 

Â