The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I'm sure that group must have died just a little inside having to welcome a funny brown man into their circle even if he does talk like a public schoolboy.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm sure that group must have died just a little inside having to welcome a funny brown man into their circle even if he does talk like a public schoolboy.

He might be telling them that he’s going to sort out those terrible old formulas that Labour had in place which diverted money to poor people. 

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's a really odd fit for Richmond (Yorkshire) and it’s pretty obvious why he’s their MP because it's one of the safest Tory seats in the country and the local association were asked to elect him for the sake of the party etc. Which actually makes a mockery of his recent comments (or lack thereof) in regards to Peter Bone's successor / girlfriend and letting the local party decide. His predecessor in the seat was William Hague, who couldn’t be more Yorkshire Tory if he tried

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

He might be telling them that he’s going to sort out those terrible old formulas that Labour had in place which diverted money to poor people. 

Wasn't that the 2010 emergency budget?

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's a really odd fit for Richmond (Yorkshire) and it’s pretty obvious why he’s their MP because it's one of the safest Tory seats in the country and the local association were asked to elect him for the sake of the party etc. Which actually makes a mockery of his recent comments (or lack thereof) in regards to Peter Bone's successor / girlfriend and letting the local party decide. His predecessor in the seat was William Hague, who couldn’t be more Yorkshire Tory if he tried

Apart from all the liking co-.

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's a really odd fit for Richmond (Yorkshire) and it’s pretty obvious why he’s their MP because it's one of the safest Tory seats in the country and the local association were asked to elect him for the sake of the party etc. 

Nah, I reckon he just turned up and pointed out that he and his billionaire family would want to move to the area and that sounded more impressive to a bunch of Tories than anything the two or three middle-aged councillors that he was up against could muster. 

Wendy Morton: Former chairman of the Richmond Conservative Association and Richmondshire District councillor. She has previously fought the marginal seat of Tynemouth at the 2010 General Election, She is vice chairman of the Conservative Party for Social Action.

Cllr Robert Light: Leader of the Conservative group on Kirklees Council in West Yorkshire and former council leader. A Commissioner at the Audit Commission and deputy chairman of the Environment Agency. He also runs a farming and equestrian business.

Chris Brannigan: a former Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, with whom he served on eleven operational tours. In 2012, he was shortlisted to be the Conservative candidate for Hampshire Police and Crime Commissioner. He is manager of an art gallery.

That was his competition. 

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Nah, I reckon he just turned up and pointed out that he and his billionaire family would want to move to the area and that sounded more impressive to a bunch of Tories than anything the two or three middle-aged councillors that he was up against could muster. 

That was his competition. 

One of those is the former Chief Whip Wendy Morton and former Chairman of the Richmond constituency itself who then found herself a seat in Aldridge just after. They didn’t choose a former local chairman over Sunak, who then went on to become an assistant chief whip in around three years of being an MP. 
She was also active in a number of campaigns etc that Hague initiated. she was local. 
She was very much the candidate in waiting

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely hilarious Tory political broadcast on the TV this evening. 

Yes I saw that. Everything is just brilliant and they're doing an amazing job. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes I saw that. Everything is just brilliant and they're doing an amazing job. 

All to bleepy electro dance  music. Presumably chosen to appeal to their core demographic. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m thrilled number 10 are committing resources to the big issues that face the country.

I bet he's happy this post office scandal is sweeping the Michelle Mone scandal under the Persian rug for a while.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is he required to go to Parliament before military action or is it something he can just do alone?

Parliament probably should be consulted, particularly if the plan is to go really heavy, because it's got the potential to go so big it would be foolish not to get Parliament behind it first. However I'd guess that the plan is, currently, to launch a few missiles and drop a few bombs (which won't do very much, but still) and the government will do it unilaterally on the basis of necessity and the limited scale.

Â