The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes one which requires no proof or even investigation apparently. 

Thats ok with our post facts government it can be sold as post facts justice, forget proof, forget facts, forget evidence and investigation, we just have a gut feeling you're guilty so you must be. After all what use is justice if its impartial and gives you rulings you don't like

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

It needs the police to apply for it, and it needs a court to grant the order. What could possibly go wrong...

There was a lot of coverage earlier in the year of a bloke who was cleared of rape, but still had a court order granted against him that required him to call the police to inform them before he had sex, as well as the police being given the right to inspect any electronic communication devices without a warrant. All without being convicted of a crime.

Last I heard, it'd lead to him losing his job (he worked in IT, ffs, and they wouldn't let him have a computer without the police regularly inspecting it) and he was homeless, sleeping in the woods. Because the local plod persuaded a judge to grant the order, with no adversarial hearing. 

Edited by Davkaus

https://twitter.com/CCHQPress

More "enemies of the people" rhetoric, this time from the governing party. Shocking behaviour.

If you can't access, here is what they were doing.

A tweet like this for every Labour MP who abstained or voted against today.

Irresponsible and dangerous behaviour. They haven't mentioned Ken Clarke though. Wonder why.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

National Grid sells majority stake in UK gas infrastructure to Chinese and Qatari state investors

The network supplies 11 million homes with energy through 82,000 miles of pipeline – its sale will reignite concerns over foreign ownership of critical infrastructure.

Independent

Not a very fashionable decision, since xenophobia seems to be in.

BBC News

Footage has emerged from an event last week at which Mr Johnson said UK ally Saudi Arabia was engaging in "proxy wars" in the Middle East.

The PM's spokeswoman said these were the foreign secretary's personal views.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg quotes one senior MP as saying: "Boris Johnson has used up all of his lives."

BBC diplomatic correspondent James Landale described Downing Street's response as a "pretty robust slapdown".

As it happens, he's actually edged towards a truth here, so I can only presume he was pissed, or during the course of the day he wrote three or four versions of the same speech and was just practicing them.

• Like 1

On the one hand, he's basically saying some pretty hard truths. Congratulations!

On the other, what a foot in mouth moment. We literally have a team in Saudi advising their armed forces on their targeting procedures and conducting reviews after bombing raids. If the Saudi's are up to no good, what are we doing?

On both hands, Mr Self-Marginalisation strikes again. 

• Like 2

Boris is always the one most likely to let slip the supposed little secrets, The ones people get ridiculed for expressing by those that accept the official story without a second of critical thought.

Wonder what it will be next, Austerity is a scam, the Government has been waging a propaganda war against the most disadvantaged in society in order to blame and persecute them for their misfortune. Or something else obvious to anyone who can think for themselves

• Like 1

In other news 1 in 8 of workers are living in poverty, But fear not the Tory party are working extremely hard to do something about this, as i'm sure they see it "shocking situation", and they are confident that once Brexit kicks in and they get to enjoy their new found freedom to govern without Europe interfering  will enable them to get it up to at least 3 in eight and even possibly half. Even without Brexit they were confident they could get it to 1 in 4, the clear answer is the 1% don't have a large enough share of the wealth for trickle down wobble bollocks economics to do the job they lie and pretend it does

• Like 2

Right then.

So the Tories, who already have full control over non-EU immigration and oversaw a net rise last year have already started targeting skilled workers earning under 35k and now are going after international students.

The Home Office is considering cutting international student numbers at UK universities by nearly half, Education Guardian can reveal. The threat is being greeted with dismay by university heads, who say some good overseas applicants are already being refused visas on spurious grounds.

The home secretary, Amber Rudd, pledged a crackdown on international student numbers at the Conservative party conference in October, to include tougher visa rules for “lower quality” universities and courses. But senior university sources are warning that the cutbacks could be far more severe than expected. They say they have seen Home Office plans that model slashing overseas student numbers, with one option to cut the current 300,000 to 170,000 a year.

The Home Office says a rumour it had modelled even more severe cuts of two-thirds, to 100,000 students a year, are “categorically untrue”. The rumour was discussed at private seminars last month by leading figures at the government’s Higher Education Funding Council for England

International students bring more than £10.7bn to the UK economy, according to Universities UK, the vice-chancellors’ umbrella group. The head of one leading university, who asked not to be named, denounced the potential scale of the cuts as “insane”, adding: “politics is trumping economics”.

Prof Colin Riordan, vice-chancellor of Cardiff University, agrees: “The Home Office seems to have decided that cutting international students is the only way of delivering the manifesto target of getting net migration down to the tens of thousands. But it doesn’t address people’s concerns about immigration. The problems people are seeing on the ground are certainly not caused by international university students or staff.”

Vice-chancellors say some bona fide students are already being turned away after difficult “credibility” interviews, which can be part of the visa process. University heads are frightened of speaking out about these decisions in case it counts against future applicants to their institution, but have shared examples with Education Guardian:

• An applicant was deemed not to be genuine because he did not know the university library opening times.

• Another was excluded for not knowing the name of the vice-chancellor at his university – a test many would-be domestic students would certainly fail.

• One applicant was refused a visa for “falling below the amount specified in a bank account by a couple of pounds on one day out of the 90-day period, even though his parents had huge funds and their accounts were also submitted”.

They are awful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The students thing is particularly moronic. They pay through the nose, they spend while they're here, they walk away with some British influence in them which tomorrow might help our 'soft power' exert it's muscles.

Idiots. All because they can't think of a better way of sticking to a immigration target they set themselves and because they view every international student as a faker looking to sneak in and vanish.

I'm not sure why International students count as immigration - they are not immigrating here.

What if someone comes for a 6 month holiday to the UK, do they count that as immigration?

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

The students thing is particularly moronic. They pay through the nose, they spend while they're here, they walk away with some British influence in them which tomorrow might help our 'soft power' exert it's muscles.

Idiots. All because they can't think of a better way of sticking to a immigration target they set themselves and because they view every international student as a faker looking to sneak in and vanish.

Its that moronic even Boris thinks its stupid

• Like 2

International students as immigrants :crylaugh: utter **** wits. They pay huge fees which frankly subsidises other less rich courses bringing in investment and jobs, they take no position held for domestic students and take no jobs whilst studying ( i don't think they're legally able to if they're on student visas? Happy to stand corrected ) so they're literally not taking anything anyway from anyone but are giving the economy billions in pounds and the tories want to cut this down :crylaugh: complete **** wittery. It's hard to not conclude the decision is not taken through simple racism - wanting to whiten up the towns and cities :/

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

A Conservative MP has protested at having to wait for his shotgun licence – despite backing big spending cuts to his local police force.

Ian Liddell-Grainger, MP for Bridgewater and Somerset West, revealed he will miss out on the winter shooting season, after forgetting to renew his licence.

He was left fuming when he was told it would take 16 weeks for Avon and Somerset to complete the necessary paperwork.

“I was absolutely appalled. Sixteen weeks to complete one piece of paperwork looks like utter incompetence,” he raged to his local newspaper.

But Mr Liddell-Grainger admitted the police told him that – as a Conservative MP – he had the option of not voting for steep cuts to police budgets.

Mr Liddell-Grainger has backed the Government’s austerity drive, which includes £131m cuts to police funding in this financial year alone.

Since 2010, the number of police posts has plunged by 15,500, or 19.5 per cent – with much bigger percentage cuts in some areas.

By 2020, staffing levels could be down as low as 100,000 – the smallest police force since the mid-1970s.

The shotgun licence row was laid bare in the pages of the Somerset County Gazette, where the MP “voiced his dismay at having to miss out on the winter shooting season”.

A descendent of Queen Victoria, Mr Liddell-Grainger revealed he had been forced to hand in his weapon after failing to renew his license in time.

And he said: “I’ve got the form and I’ve filled it in, but you cannot simply hand these things in at your local police station any more: they have to be posted off.

“When I rang the police to see how long it would take to get the new permit, I was absolutely appalled. Sixteen weeks to complete one piece of paperwork looks like utter incompetence.

“I told the officer I thought it was an unrealistically long time and he just said the police had lots of other things to do. I could almost hear the shrug down the phone.”

Mr Liddell-Grainger then added: “When I mentioned the fact that I was a MP, it was suggested that if the Government gave the force some more money they might be able to get these things done more quickly.”

In 2014, the MP said Avon and Somerset police had little choice but to close 27 police stations to adjust to much lower funding.

Independent

Oh dearie me, a Tory MP on a lengthy waiting list.

Imagine missing the shoot!

Suck it up, Prick.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Mr Liddell-Grainger then added: “When I mentioned the fact that I was a MP, it was suggested that if the Government gave the force some more money they might be able to get these things done more quickly.”

Ha, what a clearing in the woods. Always nice to see "do you know who I am" thrown in someone's face.

• Like 2

Â