The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Hunt - 1 or 2 hospitals suffering a bit

Grayling - road users aren't road users if they're not in a car

Truss - ..... Cheese

May - brexit means brexit means read white and blue

Has there ever been a more incompetent government?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Hunt - 1 or 2 hospitals suffering a bit

Truss - ..... Cheese

May - brexit means brexit means read white and blue

Has there ever been a more incompetent government?

Hammond - took personal stake in food technology company months before it won share of £560,000 Government contract

On 1/8/2017 at 13:34, StefanAVFC said:

May on Ridge this morning: (re NHS) "I don't accept the Red Cross' position on this"

How can anyone defend these evil words removed anymore?

Because the Red Cross were talking out of their arse.  Stories like "British Red Cross Land Rovers have been deployed to the UK’s streets to help ferry patients home from overstretched hospitals and free up beds, after reports of deaths and patients waiting on trolleys in corridors" were designed to give the impression that the UK is like some third world country that can only survive with emergency help from the Red Cross.

When in fact, if you check the Red Cross's Twitter feed, they've been doing it for years:

Every year, we help around 80,000 people leave hospital and provide them with practical and emotional support once they're home.

The past NINE years you say?  EVERY year you help people leave hospital?

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Just how much cocaine did David Lidington consume before Question Time? :o

Let, let me, let me. let me just say, let me just, let me just, let, let, let me just say....

Yeah, nobody else is actually interrupting you mate, just add some new words.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

I don't know much about this guy or if he's doing a good job, but this particular 'story' is pathetic spin, the worst kind of media sound bite bullshit, taking him out of context.

He distinguished between cyclists and road users in areas with protected cycling lanes in London. In these specific areas, cyclists aren't road users. He wasn't saying they weren't in a general sense.

It comes to something when I find myself defending a **** Tory minister, but I hate these disingenuous little media games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Rudd's threat to name and shame companies employing foreigners is right up there with all the others.

the nasty party

Been done previosuly and can't be arsed to go through the thread and old news stories but in summary wasn't it that

a) she didn't say that

and 

b ) she stole the idea from Ed Miliband  ? 

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He distinguished between cyclists and road users in areas with protected cycling lanes in London. In these specific areas, cyclists aren't road users.

Are they not? Are they banned from using the road?

Edit: What he says is:

Where there are cycle lanes, cyclists are the users of cylce lanes and there's a road alongside, the motorists and the road users are the users of the road. It's fairly straightforward...

Other than a reference to the Evening Standard, I can't see that there is anything in the exchange that has any reference to London.

Obviously there may be more than I've seen. Apologies if that means I've made a mistake.

Edited by snowychap

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know much about this guy or if he's doing a good job, but this particular 'story' is pathetic spin, the worst kind of media sound bite bullshit, taking him out of context.

He distinguished between cyclists and road users in areas with protected cycling lanes in London. In these specific areas, cyclists aren't road users. He wasn't saying they weren't in a general sense.

It comes to something when I find myself defending a **** Tory minister, but I hate these disingenuous little media games.

I'd just read the article myself and was thinking along the same lines ...I imagine had Corbyn said the same we'd now be discussing the media conspiracy agaisnt Corbyn rather than having another round of Tories are evil posts ...

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yawn.

I'll admit it wasn't my best effort but my John Lennon reference appears to have gone higher than a Heskey shot from 6 yards 

but from the yawn maybe it was tiredness that made you miss it ? 

Â