The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I do wonder if the Brexit thing could still end up ripping the Tories apart.

The hardline fringe have got their way and May basically will be doing whatever she can to cling to power like a vampire clings to a virgin's neck, but theres seems to be increasingly open criticism from some of the less luna...-hardline fringe. I do wonder as we get into the nitty gritty whether they'll be at each others throats...

Brexit could do for both parties.

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I hope so. :)

Unlikely, politics is a horrible game of 'who's the worst'. Unfortunately, in terms of credibility Labour are rock bottom, so in the eyes of the public, whatever the Tories do, they'll never be as hopeless as Labour. 

'What does it matter that we've destroyed public services with spending cuts based on political choice not necessity, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't sing the national anthem! Or wear a tie! '

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Unlikely, politics is a horrible game of 'who's the worst'. Unfortunately, in terms of credibility Labour are rock bottom, so in the eyes of the public, whatever the Tories do, they'll never be as hopeless as Labour. 

'What does it matter that we've destroyed public services with spending cuts based on political choice not necessity, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't sing the national anthem! Or wear a tie! '

you forgot the NHS  , you can't do a Tory post without specifically mentioning our beloved NHS  and their privatisation plans  , it's the law  

• Like 1

To be fair to the tories, they are trying to help the wealthier more prosperous areas improve their care services with changes to the council tax.

Poorer areas can go **** themselves. Which can only encourage poorer areas to be wealthier and then get extra help. So it will be a sort of brilliant virtuous circle.

Brilliant.

Not a single firm 'named and shamed' by the government for paying below minimum wage has been prosecuted, a Tory minister has said.

Ministers have humiliated nearly 700 employers since 2013 in a scheme they launched to "crack down on those who ignore the law".

Yet this week, they said no criminal prosecutions have been launched in relation to firms that were named in the programme.

Labour peer Lord Beecham, who obtained the answer, branded the failure "deeply unimpressive".

He told the Mirror: "What a contrast between the approach to employers breaking the law and exploiting their workers and the sanctions regime applied ruthlessly to benefit claimants.

Mirror

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I look forward to the government's response to the Red **** Cross saying the NHS is in a humanitarian crisis.

Official response from the NHS this morning has been to deny any crisis or anything unusual.

Which is odd. As I've got two friends that volunteer for the Red Cross that have been asked (for the first time ever in 20 years) if they can help out the NHS this weekend and bring along a red cross vehicle. Clearly they are being scammed by someone that wants them out of the area for some reason.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Official response from the NHS this morning has been to deny any crisis or anything unusual.

Official response from an NHS Bureaucrat, I imagine, rather than NHS medical staff.

sit5YeN.jpg

Dear Politician and the Press,

I just want to check that I and all my colleagues who work in A&E, up and down the country, are not living in a parallel universe?

You do realise don't you that this winter 1000s and 1000s of our patients can not get beds when they need them after they have been seen in A&E.

They are lying in corridors of A&Es, despite the fact that 1000s and 1000s of elective operations are being cancelled to free up beds. Yet there is silence from our politicans and the majority of the press.

The government have woefully let the NHS fall apart. Funding has been cut per patient to both GPs, hospitals and crucially social services. But we are faced with a wall of silence. Why?

Theresa May's only comment on Health since she has become the Prime Minister is that Hunt is doing a good job. (Good only in the sense if you want to see it destroyed and thus privatised, otherwise he is far from good). So why this silence?

This photo (obviously taken from the internet/national paper and nothing to with where I work) shows what is happening up and down the county. Patients in corridors are suffering - not just their dignity but their chance of survival falls. Yet no one speaks out. Why this silence?

My collegues are struggling and we are close to being at a point of not being able to cope. Yet no one speaks out. When my colleagues leave the NHS, who will then look after our relatives and loved ones? Yet no one is speaking out. Why this silence?

Maybe it is because we are too afraid to face the choices that we need to make as a nation. We have an ageing population and higher expectations. Either we accept that we can no longer cope and scale back what we do as an NHS and ration care at a much lower level (utterly repugnant idea) or we privatise it so that elective care is taken out of the NHS (again a disgusting idea as here should not be a two tiers of care like in the USA)

Or we take the Politicians out of the NHS, reform it and stop pointless semi privatisation and reorganisation and properly fund it (through higher levels of taxation for the rich and multinationals or making health a priority)

But basically what we cant do is carry on what we are doing,

We are failing and struggling and something has to change.

Up and down the country the NHS has amazing staff, who are doing our best in such difficult circumstances. We just need to be given a chance to succeed.

And to anyone reading this - the government is not going to change for years and the only thing which we can do to make them listen is if people start to fight back against what is happening, Please dont accept the current situation. Join campaign groups, share posts like this (with a public profile) and tweets and question what you are told when politicians and the press tell us the downfall of the NHS is inevitable. It is not. Unless we let it be.

Rob (An A&E consultant -who still loves his job but is concerned for his future patients)

Robert Galloway, A&E Consultant - Facebook

• Like 4

The NHS is about to keel over and die, a bit like the patients left on beds in corridors. It's a national crisis and Corbyn has challenged May to attend the houses of parliament Monday to plan to fix it. Will she turn up? Will she bollocks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nhs-crisis-jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-red-cross-humanitarian-parliament-jeremy-hunt-a7515091.html

British Red Cross Land Rovers have been deployed to the UK’s streets to help ferry patients home from overstretched hospitals and free up beds, after reports of deaths and patients waiting on trolleys in corridors. Figures show overstretched A&E departments shut their doors to patients more than 140 times in December, while a third of NHS trusts in England have issued alerts that they are overstretched, according to the Nuffield Trust.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

May on Ridge this morning: (re NHS) "I don't accept the Red Cross' position on this"

How can anyone defend these evil words removed anymore?

Is anyone?

Â