The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Stevo985 said:

So hes just left with the corrupt evil words removed who also happen to be absolute **** morons

And nobody needed to be told that that's actually **** most of them.

I remember a few years ago thinking Truss was the biggest moron to ever hold a senior ministerial position. **** me, things escalated quickly. I hear they have to employ an assistant for the cabinet office to operate the doorknob these days.

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

Cutting levies at a time of soaring prices is feckin pointless - at best the prices stay the same.

Why not announce prize freezes on essential items ? 

If I may say so, this post seems a little...inconsistent - Cutting levies to keep prices the same is "pointless", yet you advocate freezing prices?

Given that there are certain commodities where the cost has rocketed, and thus the overall VAT and tax take to the Gov't has also rocketed, they could cut the percentage tax and still be no worse off, yet the price to us lot would (as you say) perhaps stay the same as it was, or not rise as much. Seems like a no brainer to me - same as with the idea of windfall taxes. Someone making huge unexpected gains from a thing get taxed on that huge gain, and the money used to help people who are struggling.

It would be nice, too, if the Gov't used the tax system to really push investment into alternative energy (renewables), insulation, domestic storage of gas, energy efficiency measures generally and so on. That would have huge long term benefits.

• Like 1

A reminder of the new Chancellor's hobbies...

A government minister has been reprimanded by No 10 for attending a men-only gala that led to allegations of sexual harassment and groping.

Children and families minister Nadhim Zahawi said he attended The Presidents Club fundraiser but left early.

The BBC understands Mr Zahawi was called to Downing Street on Wednesday to meet chief whip Julian Smith.

Prime Minister Theresa May said she accepted Mr Zahawi's explanation, but was "appalled" at reports of the event.

(from 2018)

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

Latest footage of him packing 

spacer.png

I’m imagining him sitting in the plane.

Pilot: Sir, we don’t leave till 6pm

BJ: It’s fine, I’ll wait.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Loving that Zahawi intends to give new teachers a 9% pay rise and existing teachers 5% - there will be numerous populist announcements now and quite right that some should benefit. Will be even funnier when the Tories are booted out of office with the reputation for spending all the monies. 

Can Norway borrow him for just a day, please? 

BJ is looking less like a big dog and more like those little yappy dogs that won't just shut up and go away with each passing moment. 

I don't know how these scumbags can put out these statements with a straight face, like they haven't known for years that he is a lying peice of shit completely unfit for office. All that's changed in the last few weeks is they now think he's not their best chance of continuing to siphon off money from the public purse

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't know how these scumbags can put out these statements with a straight face, like they haven't known for years that he is a lying peice of shit completely unfit for office. All that's changed in the last few weeks is they now think he's not their best chance of continuing to siphon off money from the public purse

Rats leaving a sinking ship. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

"The thought of a Labour government terrifies me". Well, it would, since it would mean you'd be out of a job. 

He wanted to join them first, just a few short years ago before some sort of scandal ruled him out, as I recall. He has very strong beliefs in him having a high paying job

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Rats leaving a sinking ship. 

After cheering the captain on from the deck, insisting he does know how ships work, he hasn't hit an iceberg, and he got all of the big steers right.

• Like 1

It's all very embarrassing and damaging for the tories - it's delicious. Sadly it'll be over next week when the 1922 elects new members, change the rules and hold the vote of no confidence all in a couple of days. Meanwhile enjoy the clown show!

Â