The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Just Tory MPs.

You'd think though that the next thing for Labour to do (assuming he wins as expected) is call for a parliamentary vote on the same and force the Tory rebels to do a u-turn on their earlier objections. 

Cheers, if I remember rightly May had one for the whole of parliament, hopefully you're right and he has to face that if he wins tonight.

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

How is it the bbc can only find Tory voters for their voxpops? And so many of them are still in favour of him staying. 
I must be more out of touch than I realised. 

All over 60 as well. “We can’t do better” and “he’s had a tough time” bullshit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

"Looks kids, this is why you shouldn't drink before breakfast"

20220606_174705-01.jpg

She’s one of the speakers at London Tech week next week. I’m so tempted to go and heckle but I fairly sure her security will be a bit scary. 

17 minutes ago, choffer said:

How is it the bbc can only find Tory voters for their voxpops? And so many of them are still in favour of him staying. 
I must be more out of touch than I realised. 

It is an absolute talent, take's some skill to do it thee days. We saw over the weekend how utterly rare these people actually are

Tens of thousands of patriotic monarchy supporting union flag waving people spontaneously  booing Johnson like a pantomime villain

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cheers, if I remember rightly May had one for the whole of parliament, hopefully you're right and he has to face that if he wins tonight.

Yup, similar context. He'd win the Commons one as well, but it's good for the opposition parties to force Tory MPs who just called on him to go immediately reverse their position (which they almost certainly would).

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Yup, similar context. He'd win the Commons one as well, but it's good for the opposition parties to force Tory MPs who just called on him to go immediately reverse their position (which they almost certainly would).

So if he lost this one then there would be a leadership contest, but if he survived and lost one in parliament would there have to be an election?

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

She’s one of the speakers at London Tech week next week. I’m so tempted to go and heckle but I fairly sure her security will be a bit scary. 

Hopefully she won't need to print a ticket out, or she's got no chance of getting in

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

So if he lost this one then there would be a leadership contest, but if he survived and lost one in parliament would there have to be an election?

yes, correct

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My understanding of this (and it wouldn't be the first time I've posted bollocks today) is that...yes and no.

The convention is that if a government loses a motion of no confidence, they either resign, or call a general election. I don't think there is any legislation compelling them to do so, and it's merely parliamentary convention, relying on the government acting in good faith, and we know where BJ stands on that.

It'd be unprecedented for him to try and cling on in that scenario, but so much of what this word removed does is unprecedented.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

All over 60 as well. “We can’t do better” and “he’s had a tough time” bullshit.

Its the middle of the day in a working week so most will be retired and therefore tories.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I’ve tweeted my Tory MP to do the right thing this evening but no doubt he’ll think that’ll mean chucking in another expenses claim and authorising a pay rise for himself and fellow mps! 

• Haha 1

My MP has issued no public statements since his update last week, saying that he found the Sue Grey report "disappointing", and that he'd issue a statement within the next week. Oddly silent today.

Im Playing Both Sides Its Always Sunny GIF - Im Playing Both Sides Both  Sides Its Always Sunny - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

Shocking level of disrespect this afternoon when Johnson was too cowardly to even be seen outside No.10 to greet the Estonian Prime Minister. Is that really the image he wants to portray on the world stage? Hiding (probably in a fridge) while the leader of another country has to knock on his door to get in?

Probably an overreaction but I'm embarrassed.

Just now, Davkaus said:

My MP has issued no public statements since his update last week, saying that he found the Sue Grey report "disappointing", and that he'd issue a statement within the next week. Oddly silent today.

And he's probably one of those that has told both sides that he's with them

Â