The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

14 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

It's The Scum, I wouldn't take anything written their as a fact, especially details like 'failed'. 

Was reported including by the Tories that we had sent him over. 

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hang on, if he's already failed his asylum claim, why the **** are we paying him?

It's not voluntary deportation if you wait until you've failed, surely, or were there more appeal avenues to pursue?

Nope genuinely a failed asylum seeker. As I understand it he was ready for deportation but instead he was offered 3k to go to Rwanda instead. Presumably it was so it could be justified that the plan is working and isn't it marvelous and we should totally vote them in for another term... 

• Thanks 1

Do not come to the UK, if you do there’s a good chance you’ll be put in a hotel all expenses paid for a couple of years and then offered thousands of pounds to leave again. 

What a deterrent.

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was reported including by the Tories that we had sent him over. 

Nope genuinely a failed asylum seeker. As I understand it he was ready for deportation but instead he was offered 3k to go to Rwanda instead. Presumably it was so it could be justified that the plan is working and isn't it marvelous and we should totally vote them in for another term... 

It’s just to get the Tories off “total number sent to Rwanda = 0”

Now Rishi can say he promised to get people sent there and has delivered on that promise.

If the policy is that we'll pay failed claimants to go to the same place we're forcibly deporting people whose claim might be successful, this policy is even more batshit mental than I thought it was.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s just to get the Tories off “total number sent to Rwanda = 0”

Now Rishi can say he promised to get people sent there and has delivered on that promise.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If the policy is that we'll pay failed claimants to go to the same place we're forcibly deporting people whose claim might be successful, this policy is even more batshit mental than I thought it was.

Yep and yep. The fact that these stories are coming to the Sun and Express (first link I saw which referred to the Sun story) though suggests that nobody is really buying it. 

I know they had an 80 seat majority at the start of this parliament but I swear I've counted at least 100 defections and rapey deselections in the Tory party.

"Will the last person to leave the Tory party please turn out the lights". 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

"Will the last person to leave the Tory party please turn out the lights". 

The light’s on, but there’s nobody home.

54 minutes ago, blandy said:

The light’s on, but there’s nobody home.

More proof that they don't care about the environment, wasting electricity like that. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

More proof that they don't care about the environment, wasting electricity like that. 

and they get the electricity bill paid for by tax payers so don’t give a shit

15 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

To be fair, they're reported to be Gaslighting

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

A week is a long time in politics...

This feels a bit like the last days / weeks of Boris.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

This feels a bit like the last days / weeks of Boris.

Yep.  They're buggered under Rishi Rich. 

But replacing him this late in the show is equally farcical.

They're a busted flush.

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yep.  They're buggered under Rishi Rich. 

But replacing him this late in the show is equally farcical.

They're a busted flush.

Someone else in the party will be wanting that £115k per year for life “allowance” for being PM for just a few months. It’s an bit unfair of Rushi to hog the trough like this. 

Â