The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

How the absolute **** can that be justified. Why would the local party offices be a suitable destination for them as a proxy to the council rather than them simply being sent to the council directly?

I'm racking my brains looking for anything *other* than subterfuge.

• Like 1

And this is with Rishi “great with the economy” Sunak in charge too

The UK is set to be one of the worst performing major economies in the world this year, according to a forecast.

The International Monetary Fund says the UK economy's performance in 2023 will be the worst of the G20 group, which includes sanctions-hit Russia.

How TF can we be worse than sanction hit Russia? How is that even possible??

Link

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Link

Well Russia might be being rather economical with the truth regarding their economy for one

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well Russia might be being rather economical with the truth regarding their economy for one

We can put an asterisk next to Russia, just the other 19 we’re embarrassing ourselves against.

Edited by Genie

On 11/04/2023 at 15:20, bickster said:

Oh yes, can't disagree with that

I don't think the likes of Germany will be laughing too hard, their economy is predicted to contract by pretty much the same amount.

4 hours ago, Risso said:

I don't think the likes of Germany will be laughing too hard, their economy is predicted to contract by pretty much the same amount.

The German’s shafted themselves with their Russian gas dependence and the Brits shafted themselves with Brexit. Two own goals 😂

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The German’s shafted themselves with their Russian gas dependence and the Brits shafted themselves with Brexit. Two own goals 😂

I’d rather be in the EU looking for a new energy supplier than out of the EU with a crumbling economy

• Like 2

On 11/04/2023 at 14:47, Genie said:

Link

Well we've both lost the lions share of our import and export markets. 

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

“Let’s do a daft video to try and distract the proles from the naked voter suppression tactics we’ve been able to pull off.”

Yes it is awful but he's the Chief Exec of the council, a member of staff not a politician. At least he's doing something to promote taking ID to vote, which is a whole heap more than a lot of other councils are doing.

He's not distracting any proles and he's not responsible for the law. At least he's doing something and the fact you’ve posted it on VT shows the message is getting spread about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yes it is awful but he's the Chief Exec of the council, a member of staff not a politician. At least he's doing something to promote taking ID to vote, which is a whole heap more than a lot of other councils are doing.

He's not distracting any proles and he's not responsible for the law. At least he's doing something and the fact you’ve posted it on VT shows the message is getting spread about

Fair. I think I’m just so mad that such an obvious spoiling tactic has sailed through without most people noticing. 

• Like 1

Unrelated and I suspect people already knew - but I didn’t.

The 1922 Committee is 100 years old this month. To those like me who didn’t know, yeah it was apparently formed in April 1923.

**** knows why I thought differently.

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unrelated and I suspect people already knew - but I didn’t.

The 1922 Committee is 100 years old this month. To those like me who didn’t know, yeah it was apparently formed in April 1923.

**** knows why I thought differently.

Is that right?  I heard it was formed in 1921.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Is that right?  I heard it was formed in 1921.

Despite its name, the 1922 Committee was actually set up in April 1923 following an initiative by new Conservative MPs elected at the 1922 General Election to facilitate cooperation within the party.

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/1922-committee-the-22/

• Thanks 1

Â