The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, Genie said:

True. Truss then did the opposite of what she said she’d do. And do Rushi’s previous policy promises still stand? Or is he going to do something different too? Will his income tax cut by the end of this term still stand for example?

Its certainly a very strange scenario to become PM.

She didnt. She did what she said and sunak warned her what would happen. I remember watching the debate on  tv. 

What sunak said happened

Just now, Demitri_C said:

She didnt. She did what she said and sunak warned her what would happen. I remember watching the debate on  tv. 

What sunak said happened

She stated she would cut taxes etc, but then reversed it before 90% of it could be actioned. 

Sunak was right, although it didn’t take a degree in economics to predict it was going go cause chaos. Everybody with half a brain immediately suggested her half of a plan was amazingly stupid.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

She stated she would cut taxes etc, but then reversed it before 90% of it could be actioned. 

Sunak was right, although it didn’t take a degree in economics to predict it was going go cause chaos. Everybody with half a brain immediately suggested her half of a plan was amazingly stupid.

But the damage was already done regardless if we saw it implemented or not she did say she was going to do and ignorantly tried. She had to scak hee chancellor and someone with a brain cell.

But thats the pount im making your statement was abit incorrect. Sunak told her what would happen and she stilk went ahead with her reckless strategy.  

Although im not expecting anything at all from sunak i dont think he will make as much of a mess as truss did

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But the damage was already done regardless if we saw it implemented or not she did say she was going to do and ignorantly tried. She had to scak hee chancellor and someone with a brain cell.

But thats the pount im making your statement was abit incorrect. Sunak told her what would happen and she stilk went ahead with her reckless strategy.  

Although im not expecting anything at all from sunak i dont think he will make as much of a mess as truss did

Yep, the damage is done now. Sunak is just trying to steady the ship and maybe recover some ground.

In the TV debates Truss said she’d cut taxes which got their members exciting but she never had a plan to fund it, which caused the markets to collapse.

She was going to reduce debt, grow the economy, and not reduce public spending. Basically impossible and so she paid the price for being a moron.

It’s like me telling the wife she can go anywhere in the world on holiday, and have a new car, and new sofas in exchange for a blowie… but Iater revealing I don’t have any more money coming in and I’m also going go reduce the mortgage.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, the damage is done now. Sunak is just trying to steady the ship and maybe recover some ground.

In the TV debates Truss said she’d cut taxes which got their members exciting but she never had a plan to fund it, which caused the markets to collapse.

She was going to reduce debt, grow the economy, and not reduce public spending. Basically impossible and so she paid the price for being a moron.

It’s like me telling the wife she can go anywhere in the world on holiday, and have a new car, and new sofas in exchange for a blowie… but Iater revealing I don’t have any more money coming in and I’m also going go reduce the mortgage.

Agree she paid the price for being a moron. But he r chancellor my god what a clown.

Sunaks gonna steafy the shop as you sya but painful decisions are coming. Hopefully they will clobber some of the super rich in the process.

Sunak was in afvour of introducing small fines for DNAs for hospital appointments. Wonder if he is going to go ahead with that?

I just want to take a moment and salute the Conservative party for having our first Prime minister of British/Indian descent. 

No qualifications, they have done something good today.

Now I can get back to criticizing every bloody other thing they do :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I just want to take a moment and salute the Conservative party for having our first Prime minister of British/Indian descent. 

No qualifications, they have done something good today.

Now I can get back to criticizing every bloody other thing they do :)

They have also had 3 female party leaders who have all been Prime Ministers (with varying degrees of success 😁). The Tory party also seems to be more racially diverse than Labour at first glance. 

Seems kind of odd when Labour are supposed to be the ‘progressive’ party. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They have also had 3 female party leaders who have all been Prime Ministers (with varying degrees of success 😁). The Tory party also seems to be more racially diverse than Labour at first glance. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4494843&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

Yup. In top leadership positions across the board as well.

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4494843&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

Yup. In top leadership positions across the board as well.

I guess saying things might make it true. Labour in the commons are the most racially diverse party. Also as a percentage, the Tories have the fewest female MPs. Obviously as they have the majority they have alot of female MPs but as a percentage of their total, women are under represented. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I guess saying things might make it true. Labour in the commons are the most racially diverse party. Also as a percentage, the Tories have the fewest female MPs. Obviously as they have the majority they have alot of female MPs but as a percentage of their total, women are under represented. 

I thank you for the information re Labour in terms of numbers. Good to hear progress is being made across the board. Still we should all applaud the Conservatives progressive achievements in top leadership positions. It is important to address in positions of power.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Labour have had two different female leaders of the party (on three occasions), the Tories three. OK they were both interim leaders but they aren't as adverse to female leaders as your post would suggest

Also, since Thatcher / Kinnock Labour have had less Leaders than the Tories, so in the modern era (for want of a better term), they've had less opportunity to elect women leaders. (6 vs 9). Two of the female Tory leaders have been elected in the last 6 years

EDIT Also the female Leaders became Interim Leader because they were the elected Deputy Leader of the party at the time of the leader's resignation, which casts further shade on the accusation of seixism in the choice of females in the upper echelons of power in the Labour Party. The Tories don't even elect Deputy Leaders. Labour have had three elected female Deputy Leaders

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Two of the female Tory leaders have been elected in the last 6 years

and 100% of them were disastrous.

Edit: That’s not me saying that women leaders are inferior in some way, just that they didn’t do a very good job in these cases of selecting their leader when both were hounded out quite quickly.

Edited by Genie

They really are the biggest snowflakes around…. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

Paul Mullin: Wrexham ban political message on striker's boots

This after BBC investigate their own presenter Martine Croxall for alleged impartiality against the Tories. 

What a massive bunch of crybabies.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Who are you calling snowflakes?

The club have told him he can't wear them. Quite rightly, they don't want to create a political divide within the club or within the fanbase.

While I'd support the message on a placard, if the club let one of our players wear that message, I'd have been incredibly disappointed. I'd be surprised if it doesn't fall foul of league rules anyway, if the club hadn't intervened.

Â