The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

No it doesn't. Her speech in full shows no remorse, no culpability. Basically she's saying that everything she did was right, but she is resigning cos she can't get on with her job of decimating the country. The unadulterated hubris of it all makes me want to puke. 

That’s how I saw it. She doesn’t believe she made mistakes, she was stopped from doing what she planned to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So shabby. Even if it's online, they have 7 days to coordinate this thing - got to be a nod to the members, but ultimately not giving them the choice given how they stuffed it last time.  

I was just poking fun at their plans to cut tax, without an idea how to fund it.

New PM in a week, but I bet we hear during today they don’t know how to do it, or it’s impossible.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Did the 44 days include the 12 days of mourning and break for party conferences?

If so, how many actual official working days was she PM?

If by mourning, you mean wanking, then yes.

But I assure you, there was absolutely no break..

Meme: "If you know what I mean" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

• Haha 1

Just now, juanpabloangel18 said:

Does anyone still think we'd be in a worse position under a Labour Corbyn Government?

Nope. He’d have made his own mistakes for sure, but they wouldn’t be as much of a shit show as this lot.

Thinking ahead, when was the last time a sitting PM lost their seat at a General Election?

Has it ever happened?

It's certainly something these numbskulls should be considering before they elect a new loser

Current Polling on Electoral Calculus has Sunak keeping his seat (and Truss) but there are an awful lot of casualties.

Just now, bickster said:

Thinking ahead, when was the last time a sitting PM was defeated at a General Election?

Has it ever happened?

It's certainly something these numbskulls should be considering before they elect a new loser

Current Polling on Electoral Calculus has Sunak keeping his seat (and Truss) but there are an awful lot of casualties.

Gordon Brown?

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Supposedly - members will be involved - I suspect AFTER the final two have been decided by MPs. 

They can't really rule it out. Their constitution says that they need to vote between two final candidates, and they can't automatically assume that there won't be two final candidates. 

I'd be betting every last penny that I have that they try and make sure that there is only one candidate, before it gets to that point. Don't think they'll manage it though. 

Just now, ml1dch said:

They can't really rule it out. Their constitution says that they need to vote between two final candidates, and they can't automatically assume that there won't be two final candidates. 

I'd be betting every last penny that I have that they try and make sure that there is only one candidate, before it gets to that point. Don't think they'll manage it though. 

Agree - all eyes on the threshold for standing - i..e. 20 more votes than Bozza can get together - they simply cannot have him in or the instability would be on steroids. Mourdant and Sunak as final two with no others contesting - then one of them standing down in the national interest, is my bet.

7 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Does anyone still think we'd be in a worse position under a Labour Corbyn Government?

I think we'd be in a better position under a Monster Raving Looney "Howling Laud" Government

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I actually think the only Tory who could have been a worse selection than Truss would have been Mad Nad so whilst it’s funny to watch this unfolding it is slightly annoying that they will now put someone (anyone) in place that will be more competent than Truss.

Mad Nad

Reese Mogg

Braverman

I'm sure there are loads more nutters that we don't yet know about!

Â