The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Blimey, Badenoch is a bit of a word removed isn’t she. Thinly veiled threats to continue the dismantling of the NHS and attacks on peoples wellbeing and mental health. 

Is this what the country wants? Has the world just turned into one giant episode of the Apprentice? 

I reduced the NHS spend by £4b by stopping most cancer treatments. Where’s my bonus?

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

The country doesn't get a say in this.

Good point. 3rd unelected Prime Minister in a row in the last 6 years is it now? I can’t keep count with how unstable the Tories are. 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely for the love of McGrath we’re not going to end up with Liz fu**ing Truss as PM?!? 

Think I might just end myself there and then if this comes to pass.

All of the options are terrible. I just hope this is for only 2 years.

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is this what the country wants? Has the world just turned into one giant episode of the Apprentice? 

It's a massive problem with the process - the candidates are pitching to a small group (relatively) that is wholly unrepresentative of the wider country or electorate, and so they are essentially obliged to pitch their message to a narrow set of interests and prejudices and beliefs in order to get the job, even if they don't actually believe what they say.

• Like 2

Just now, blandy said:

It's a massive problem with the process - the candidates are pitching to a small group (relatively) that is wholly unrepresentative o the wider country or electorate, and so they are essentially obliged to pitch their message to a narrow set of interests and prejudices and beliefs in order to get the job, even if they don't actually believe what they say.

The Apprentice bit was more about the type of society we live in. Brand, Flex, success, money, money, lies, lies, lies, undeserving horrible people getting to the top etc…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely for the love of McGrath we’re not going to end up with Liz fu**ing Truss as PM?!? 

Think I might just end myself there and then if this comes to pass.

Nah, she has the Boris Stank on her too much. It'll come down to Sunak and one of the lesser known that can distance themselves from the recent shit show as much as possible. Probably Mordaunt.

Â