The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Loving that Zahawi intends to give new teachers a 9% pay rise and existing teachers 5% - there will be numerous populist announcements now and quite right that some should benefit. Will be even funnier when the Tories are booted out of office with the reputation for spending all the monies. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Loving that Zahawi intends to give new teachers a 9% pay rise and existing teachers 5% - there will be numerous populist announcements now and quite right that some should benefit. Will be even funnier when the Tories are booted out of office with the reputation for spending all the monies. 

Watch the small print !

I think there will be a lot over 3 or 5 year deals - which at time of implementation won't be what they first appear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling Boris is about to shake the money tree.

VAT cuts?

Cutting levies at a time of soaring prices is feckin pointless - at best the prices stay the same.

Why not announce prize freezes on essential items ?    but the big bosses and shareholders won't like that will they ? 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Cutting levies at a time of soaring prices is feckin pointless - at best the prices stay the same.

Why not announce prize freezes on essential items ?    but the big bosses and shareholders won't like that will they ? 

Nothing would surprise me, maybe VAT cut on energy.

Got to feel a little bit for Zahawi, During his first interview as chancellor having another couple of resignations thrown in his face. Regardless of your politics it’s incredible to think that an 11-year-old war refugee who could not speak a word of English could become chancellor of the exchequer. We really are the greatest country in the world. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Will he start struggling to fill roles soon? If nearly half of his party want him gone he might start running out of numbers

Yep - anyone with any ambition would have think very seriously about taking a cabinet post right now.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Got to feel a little bit for Zahawi, During his first interview as chancellor having another couple of resignations thrown in his face. Regardless of your politics it’s incredible to think that an 11-year-old war refugee who could not speak a word of English could become chancellor of the exchequer. We really are the greatest country in the world. 

Agree to a point.

But he has undone it all by throwing in his lot with a dis honest and borderline corrupt crew - who as far as I can see don't give a shoot about any else - they are running the country for themselves - and are threatening the very fabric of our country - 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why not announce prize freezes on essential items ?    

Because it's not simple or quick to implement.

Once you've decided what counts as essential (I guess you could start by zero-rated for VAT, you need legislation to define what a price freeze means, how it's measured, how it's enforced and by who, what powers they have if it's broken, and any exceptions. The government isn't likely to compel a price freeze even if it forces companies to sell substantial volumes of products at a loss for example.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Because it's not simple or quick to implement.

Once you've decided what counts as essential (I guess you could start by zero-rated for VAT, you need legislation to define what a price freeze means, how it's measured, how it's enforced and by who, what powers they have if it's broken, and any exceptions. The government isn't likely to compel a price freeze even if it forces companies to sell substantial volumes of products at a loss for example.

exactly tough decisions that require time, thought, and effort  - totally off the agenda for Boris and his mates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

exactly tough decisions that require time, thought, and effort  - totally off the agenda for Boris and his mates

There's that. It's also just not really clear it'd work, and it could even do more harm than good.

It could easily make things worse by forcing small businesses under if costs continue to rise and they can't put prices up to compensate. And if I'm a greedy capitalist swine, and I hear that come the 1st of August, I can't put prices up on all of these items (for how long, who knows), I'm hiking them all on 31st of July to compensate, possibly by more than they would have gone up without this rule.

They should probably be trying to do something, but it's a long and slow process implementing effective, well-considered law, and there's no time for that right now. I wonder what percentage of the time senior government officials spend working has been taken up by operation Save Big Dog over the last few months.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is this one of those posts where I’m missing the parody?

You can’t be serious?

• Like 1

It’s funny because his cabinet is full of corrupt evil words removed. 

But the corrupt evil words removed with at least two brain cells to rub together have finally figured out that it’s better to abandon ship. 

So hes just left with the corrupt evil words removed who also happen to be absolute **** morons

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

She'll be reporting for her duties at some point, but first she needs to figure out how so many people who look like her got into the computer.

Â