The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Anyway,lunatic wibbles aside, what role exactly has Alexa Stratton resigned from?

Why was she still in a very highly paid job whose role had seemingly ended at the end of COP26?

She was no longer Johnson's Press Fluffer, that role was abolished. She became the mouthpiece of the COP26 Summit, it's over.

She's resigned from a highly paid job of doing eff all

Laura Kuenssberg is being quietly moved on from her job at the beeb - I wonder if that's in preparation for a change and that the next govt will have their own journalist, or whether it's in anticipation of her being revealed as having been in attendance at the christmas party?

4 hours ago, blandy said:

It doesn't suit him. His own MPs are livid. It endangers his hold on his position and job. I get the point that there's a lot worse stuff in terms of consequences than some people munching cheese and drinking wine in his house, when they shouldn't, but somehow people feel the hypocrisy and blundering on that sort of stuff is more of a harm than the actual other **** the tories do

It doesn't suit him, but it might suit the people who are privatising the NHS and pushing through some of the things they've used his government to do.

No one ever sacks the lobbyists.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It doesn't suit him, but it might suit the people who are privatising the NHS and pushing through some of the things they've used his government to do.

No one ever sacks the lobbyists.

Good day to bury bad news. 

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Laura Kuenssberg is being quietly moved on from her job at the beeb - I wonder if that's in preparation for a change and that the next govt will have their own journalist, or whether it's in anticipation of her being revealed as having been in attendance at the christmas party?

Where has that gem come from? genuinely interested

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

She isn't. She announced, or it was announced that she wanted to stop being politics correspondent about a month ago. Her decision. I don't blame her, the amount of abuse she gets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Been rumoured for a few weeks hasn't it? I remember watching an Ian Hislop interview with I think Joe where it was brought up and he was jokingly asked if he'd want to replace her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This party sounds **** wild!!

- By the end no-one that attended even knew that they had been

- The police were so afraid to shut it down they were even happy to sign everyone in and out

- In the aftermath it cost over 100 grand to straighten the place back up

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

She isn't. She announced, or it was announced that she wanted to stop being politics correspondent about a month ago. Her decision. I don't blame her, the amount of abuse she gets.

Sorry, I should have said that's not something that's happened today - but it is certainly something that's happened between Christmas and now and something that appears to have occurred at pretty much the same time as a chunk of the traditionally Tory newspapers began to turn on Johnson.

I don't blame her either, she'll want to be clear of the ship before it goes down and I'm sure she's had enough of the abuse she gets, both the critical stuff she deserves and the horrible personal stuff she doesn't.

I'm sure she'll be director of communications on a lovely big salary at a Tory donor company in a year or so.

Hate to say it but French had the right idea in 1973.

Perhaps if we'd done that to our ruling classes, smarm-balls like Jacob Reese-Mogg would think twice about advertising their privilege and entitlement and wearing it proudly as they sneer down at those who are less fortunate.

There is no-one I can think of who look would better with their head in a basket.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Nah, balls to this.

I'm not going to be horrible to people from Droitwich or Peterborough, who are surrounded by clueless, gobshite, Brexit bellends, if it's finally sunk in that the Tories are c***s?

There's way too much blue on the electoral map. They got there, fine.

• Like 3

Â