Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's ridiculous, isn't it? I'm the same, I somehow end up interested for every game even though I know we won't win. In fact, the knowledge that we only have around a dozen Prem games left before we exit the division - for an unknowable length of time - makes me more interested in each remaining match. 

That's understandable.  You are now savouring them because you don't know when they'll come around again.  We're in the process of arranging a trip to Villa Park (v Newcastle) for the end of the season, presumably for very similar reasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's understandable.  You are now savouring them because you don't know when they'll come around again.  We're in the process of arranging a trip to Villa Park (v Newcastle) for the end of the season, presumably for very similar reasons.

To see us send them down again and rip them mercilessly?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

To see us send them down again and rip them mercilessly?

Dragging someone down with you :D Never thought of that.  I suppose you take the good wherever it comes!  I imagine there'd be trouble outside the ground if that happened.  We would, as you say, rip them utterly mercilessly and there's no way, with our recent shared history, that they'd take it lying down.

I've managed to convince myself again that if we can win tonight against Palace and on Saturday against Leicester then we will be right back in the mix. And then somehow I have rationalised that the 3 games after that (West Brom and West Ham away, and Norwich at home) are all winnable, so by picking up 4 wins and a draw at least, we should be within touching distance of safety.

Our 5 games after that are tough, but I'm not looking that far ahead.

I don't know why I do this to myself. Every time we lose I accept that we will be relegated, and then every time matchday comes around I start thinking crazy.

I've managed to convince myself again that if we can win tonight against Palace and on Saturday against Leicester then we will be right back in the mix. And then somehow I have rationalised that the 3 games after that (West Brom and West Ham away, and Norwich at home) are all winnable, so by picking up 4 wins and a draw at least, we should be within touching distance of safety.

Our 5 games after that are tough, but I'm not looking that far ahead.

I don't know why I do this to myself. Every time we lose I accept that we will be relegated, and then every time matchday comes around I start thinking crazy.

If we win just one of those games I'll be happy.

• Like 1

I think we're still down. We just aren't going to score enough goals to stay up. 

But **** it, I've accepted it and I'm quite excited by a new challenge. I just want to see which players want to be here next year and if Remi is the right man to rebuild us. 

Let's finish the season with the same work rate and attitude as tonight. 

• Like 3

Winning one game was the first step. You have got to think that they have gone into the dressing room full of beans after the match, even if it was a fortunate goal. Kozak and Ayew looked threatening at times, and deserve another chance. And playing both Veretout and Gil gives us more options going forward, and Westwood too looked decent tonight.

We are still in all likelihood too far adrift, but if we manage to get a result against Leicester and are then only 2 wins behind....

Lets also not ignore the fact that we've been a very decent team tonight, and while a draw might have been fairer, its probably about time we got a bit of luck. Palace got the luck against us in the game earlier this season.

Edited by GeordieVillan

The only way we have any chance is by winning 3 of our next 4 games (the winnable ones)

I don't think it will happen. But if it did, then I'd think we had a chance again.

Even then it would still be a very hard ask given our fixtures towards the end of the season.

Â