Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

4 hours ago, supernova26 said:

The Leeds protest over Sky is interesting. This is definitely going to affect us next season.

Both Forest and Leeds have been chose 9/23 times to be on TV. The kick-off times are all over the place and it massively affects the attendances. If we go down without Newcastle coming with us you'd expect at least half our games to be televised.

If you like 3pm kick-offs, prepared to be disappointed. Good for those of us who watch via alternative methods though, but of course we'll still miss a large slice of the matches.

I will renew my season ticket, but I'm really worried how many games I'll have to miss because of the shit championship scheduling..especially mid week games as I work away all week.

5 hours ago, John said:

A win on Saturday followed by an away win at WBA and points at West Ham, Stoke, Swansea and Watford along with home wins against Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle as well as home draws with Palace, Leicester, Everton and Southampton would leave us on 31 points. Turning 3 of those draws into wins would give us 37 points as would winning 2 of the games I have suggested we will get nothing for. I know it is not going to happen but it was a nice thought...

Don't torment us. It's not going to happen. Doomed. I will be happy if they can win a couple of homes games before May.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neil said:

I will renew my season ticket, but I'm really worried how many games I'll have to miss because of the shit championship scheduling..especially mid week games as I work away all week.

Plenty of midweek games home and away even if it's not on TV, you have to cram in 46 games somehow.

On 28 December 2015 at 16:48, Richard said:

It's not just this squad.  We are the poorest team, the poorest club in this division. We do not deserve to be in it , us being in it diminishes the competiveness of this league.  All other clubs, bar about us and one or two others , have competiveness, spirit and basically get what it's about . We don't.

its hard to see any club worse than us, it's hard to see which club outside the bottom three we can actually claim to be able to compete with. We are a total embarrassment . We are in this position because we deserve to be . 

While we spent years treading water merely arrempting to stand still all other clubs improved. That fo s not necessarily mean spending big money although that helps. It's also about culture of getting what it means to be a football club. I'm not talking about winning cups or every game. I'm talking about giving it a go. We have not. We look **** amateur compared to the rest. We seem to be in an alternate dimension being an anti football club. 

Its all thanks to the **** word removed of an owner. We have a shit culture at the club of not giving a shit it stems from the owner. His culture pervades everything at the club. I've been a fan for over 40 years . Even through Ellis and the dark days there was hope, a belief it could be better that we could give teams a game of it. Not under this word removed . And it's not just about being a villa fan it's about being a fan of football full stop. Lerner and the rest just don't get it. And it has **** all to do with him being American. He can come from wherever . It's about him and his personality, his ethos. He does not give a flying **** as he just does not get it. No doubt there'll be clever **** now telling me to go and don't let the door hit mean the way out. That's just a better fan response. We are shit we don't deserve to be in this league and until we reconnect with what it means to be a football club we will continue to drop down .

even the poorest teams in this league are ahead of us. I'd argue about 10 or 11 in the league below are as well.

• Like 4

There is, almost unfortunately, still an outside chance we stay up. It's not really about zillions of wins, its about winning three while some other poor sides don't, then winning a dogfight.

I doubt it, but its there.

The trouble is whilst there are obvious reasons to hope for survival, I'm afraid that it is already counterproductive, and would be even more so if we do stay up. I'm aware of all the various traumas of relegation, I did watch us in the Third Division, but I genuinely see no hope of the total demolition and rebuild that is needed without it.

Whilst not relevant in reallife terms, to me we are like England after the war compared to Germany and Japan. Whilst all were devastated the destruction was so complete in those two nations they then rebuilt from scratch, infrastructure, institutions, policies, the lot.

I'm sick of hearing how we are a " grand old club", a " big club" a "famous club" and all the rest. We have become a relic, an outdated dinosaur. An embarrassment. Perhaps our players show so little character partly because as a Club, a ' world' we still can't help look down our noses at ' lesser' Clubs, or perhaps we buy those players because we think we are still ' above' those which fight and scrap ? I don't know, but I'm sure I'm not alone in watching League One and Two sides showing drive, power, guts, commitment, that I haven't seen from us ( with odd exceptions) for YEARS. It is never a surprise when these Clubs out perform us in Cup Ties.

I don't know what to do about Lerner, who does indeed set the whole tone and culture of malaise. I don't think it started with him, but it was in his power to undertake the modernising overhaul that was needed and instead he has contributed to, indeed massively increased the problems.

I don't know what to do about him but I'm convinced that staying up, again, is the least likely way of real change happening.

t

• Like 2

Honestly going down isn't as disastrous as I once thought. Look at teams like Crystal Palace, Leicester and Watford who are establishing themselves as top 8 teams almost immediately after coming back up. Leicester can conceivably play in the CL next year only a season after they came up to the PL after a 10 year absence. I'm starting to buy into the starting over theories. Although it remains to be seen how big an impact the new tv deal will have.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Leicester can conceivably play in the CL next year only a season after they came up to the PL after a 10 year absence.

Do you want to wait 10 years?

i'll be 64yrs by then

f**k that

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Do you want to wait 10 years?

i'll be 64yrs by then

f**k that

Don't worry football is football, no matter what league you're in. The euphoric release of a goal, the mockery of away fans, last minute winners against local rivals (spit on the ground) & debating it over and over! You'll enjoy it

29 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The real problem we have about our future is

stay up - rinse & repeat

go down - who knows

no faith in Lerner getting anything right

he might even sell us to an even "useless-er" dumb-F**k

Agree.

People always fear change and prefer the status quo.....but I genuinely consider the status quo is our worst outcome. 

I love Villa, I don't know what to do with this part of my life anymore as it is perpetually miserable..??I'm no longer concerned about what might go wrong if we go down, the Club has been as good as dead for ages now.

When was the last time anyone genuinely looked forward to a game, or run of games ?

How much worse could it be ?

• Like 2

Some of the best games I have seen down the Villa was when we were in the old third division. We will get back to players playing for pride and the club rather than money and to get a move. Passion from the pitch spills into the crowd and visa versa. The Prem is overated anyway full of diving, play acting, primadonnas and outright disrespect for the supporters  The Prem will not change until the elite chosen ones make up a European super league and leave the mere mortal clubs to play football. Yes you see lots of skilfull bits of football and good matches but pleasure can also be found watching good chalenges for the ball, team goals and the ability to go down the match every week knowing your team have a good chance of winning.

• Like 2

For me the owner and his team of "experts" are simply deluded. They think we are on some kind of long term plan to make the club a force again and are so stubbornly behind it they cant see the truth that we have actually been declining for half a decade!! What Lerner does is surround himself with people who buy into this delusion and blow smoke up his arse! This is proven by the frankly bizarre recruitment policy which is basically sell all the best players or decent average premier League players who are on more wages than they want to pay and replace them with some scientifically evaluated players from wherever who match or better the stats of the departing player!....... I mean for real?!! :huh:

What i do not think was taken into account was the fact these players stats were gathered in a different league, country and style of football

Adama - Barcelona reserves - spain

Veretout - French League

Gueye - French league

Sylla = French 2nd division FFS!

How on Earth can you use data from those leagues and compare it to the Premier League?!! Are you telling me a pass completion rate in those leagues where players have more time on the ball are valid in the non stop battle that is the Premier League where you don't get time on the ball hardly at all?! ..Bizarre and to believe that to be the case is a seriously flawed philosophy or in other words deluded!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me the owner and his team of "experts" are simply deluded. They think we are on some kind of long term plan to make the club a force again and are so stubbornly behind it they cant see the truth that we have actually been declining for half a decade!! What Lerner does is surround himself with people who buy into this delusion and blow smoke up his arse! This is proven by the frankly bizarre recruitment policy which is basically sell all the best players or decent average premier League players who are on more wages than they want to pay and replace them with some scientifically evaluated players from wherever who match or better the stats of the departing player!....... I mean for real?!! :huh:

What i do not think was taken into account was the fact these players stats were gathered in a different league, country and style of football

Adama - Barcelona reserves - spain

Veretout - French League

Gueye - French league

Sylla = French 2nd division FFS!

How on Earth can you use data from those leagues and compare it to the Premier League?!! Are you telling me a pass completion rate in those leagues where players have more time on the ball are valid in the non stop battle that is the Premier League where you don't get time on the ball hardly at all?! ..Bizarre and to believe that to be the case is a seriously flawed philosophy or in other words deluded!!

What a load of tosh.

"replace them with some scientifically evaluated players from wherever who match or better the stats of the departing player" - Where have you got this from?

Why did you throw Sylla in there? Why not Lescott or Richards? Why didn't you quote Ayew? (French League) Amavi (French League), Benteke (Belgian League)?

Sure, a player from outside the Premier League have never succeeded in the Premier League! The all-conquering and high tempo Premier League! The same Premier League that producing elite teams that are being dominated in all European competitions ATM.

• Like 2

Nobody wants to be relegated, not true fans anyway, alot of talk is because it is inevitable and people want to see the positive side because any other side hurts. The problem with the prem is it is relentless, you have no time to bed players in or build a side full of confidence. although we think our players are not good enough I bet if you put 8 or 9 of them in another team doing well with a good system and confidence they will play great. Benteke is a prime example of confidence and a system that suits. we think he is world class and would pick him every week. Ask a Liverpool fan what they think of him and it is a different player. If we go down or rather when we will see a different team next year as they will believe they can win. I just hope they learn to scrap and play ugly as it may not go well.

• Like 1

Â