Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

On the plus side, Randy Lerner will lose a lot of money

How on earth is that a plus? I've seen it a few times on here. Do you and others not get it as he is the sole owner his financial success or otherwise is tied into ours. He suffers, we suffer. It's a vicious circle 

On another note we keep hearing how they need the fans support but it really hasn't done anything besides line up the pockets.

I'd imagine the club have lost alot of support after that until things start to shape up again properly (next season in the championship maybe). Who can blame them too? You stick with your club through thick and thin but this has honestly been thin for like 5-6 years now I include the pathetic cup final in this.

Good luck to the club. I'd imagine the finances wouldn't be a good read next season at all.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

We've been down since about October but today has pretty much sealed it. Only having 8 points makes us one of the worst teams in top flight history and I don't really expect many more points. I never really imagined it could be this bad, but it is and we have to take it on the chin and try to properly deal with it. Whether or not this board is capable of making the right decisions, is another issue.

It's so so important that we now start to think about bringing the right players in for next year. Hungry, experienced Championship players that will bring consistency, stability and are up for the scrap. We also might as well start letting go some of the absolute losers that continue to hang around our club; just banish them from Birmingham. i,e Richardson, Hutton, Westwood, Guzan, Clark.... the list goes on.

I'd personally like to stick with Garde, I want him to have a few transfer windows anyway but I guess how long he has boils down to the manner in which he takes us down. Tough times ahead but it's been coming for so long. I just hope the club doesn't now just fade into the abyss. 

Edited by nobler

On 25/12/2015 at 19:17, VillaChris said:

Would anyone left on here believe we'd stay up if we don't win any of our next 3? Yes it would still be mathematically possible but we would have to go on a ridiculous run as we'd failed to win four 6 pointer games in a row.

If we could just win tomorrow then 4 points from Sunderland and Norwich away games would suddenly seem realistic as we've done very well on those two grounds in recent seasons.

5 points is the minimum from the next 3 I think. 7 and yes we'd still be in the bottom three but we'd probably be off the bottom and suddenly a few of the teams above us wouldn't look so out of reach. Big ask though.

May as well close the thread

1 minute ago, Richard said:

How on earth is that a plus? I've seen it a few times on here. Do you and others not get it as he is the sole owner his financial success or otherwise is tied into ours. He suffers, we suffer. It's a vicious circle 

A fat lot of good his financial success has done for us so far. The cretin needs to disappear and the more of a loss he makes on us the better.

I'm a season ticket holder and I've got to go and watch another nine games or so this season.

The results don't matter and I don't want to work my way to a coronary by screaming abuse at our own players, so, does anyone have any ideas what I (and others like me) can do at the game to occupy ourselves between now and the end of the season? 

I don't want to waste the ticket, but the football is over and I'd like something to make the trip seem worthwhile.

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

A fat lot of good his financial success has done for us so far. The cretin needs to disappear and the more of a loss he makes on us the better.

Making a loss will not make him leave any quicker or us an attractive proposition for a potential buyer or investor

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

so, does anyone have any ideas what I (and others like me) can do at the game to occupy ourselves between now and the end of the season?

Pints + Pie and drink enough so that you can't remember the game the next day. It'll be the only way to get through it.

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm a season ticket holder and I've got to go and watch another nine games or so this season.

The results don't matter and I don't want to work my way to a coronary by screaming abuse at our own players, so, does anyone have any ideas what I (and others like me) can do at the game to occupy ourselves between now and the end of the season? 

I don't want to waste the ticket, but the football is over and I'd like something to make the trip seem worthwhile.

Take a collection bucket and try and raise funds to donate to the club, we are going to **** need it

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

We need to win at least 10 games from our next 19.. Even then that leaves us with 38 points which may not even be mathematically safe come the end of the season.

You will feel much better if you just let it go!

• Like 1

How much was that team worth today? Probably not even the cost of Benteke to Liverpool. When we review the season it is Randy who has lost it for us. No doubt. We have a premier league manager, 5 premier league first team starters, and then a squad of complete dirge.

Couple of years ago i'd feel nervous about games like today and i'd be gutted if we lost the game. Now i don't feel anything, i just don't care. Can't believe it's come to this. Hope Lerner is happy with all the shit decisions he's made, hope it was worth is, Randy.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like to play 'Guess how many aeroplanes we're going to see today'.

Perhaps they could put a film up on the big screens?

Â