Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Tbf Allardyce in the long run will have them hard to beat, not that I've ever wanted him as villa manager.

tbf, with defensive options like O'Shea, Kaboul, Wes Brown, Billy Jones,  Coates, Roberge, I cant see how they'll ever be hard to beat.

Do you remember Boltons defence? Tal Ben Haim etc...Considering they are our relegation rivals I hope I'm wrong but hes been in this league far too long, hes knows what hes doing.

Tbf Allardyce in the long run will have them hard to beat, not that I've ever wanted him as villa manager.

tbf, with defensive options like O'Shea, Kaboul, Wes Brown, Billy Jones,  Coates, Roberge, I cant see how they'll ever be hard to beat.

Do you remember Boltons defence? Tal Ben Haim etc...Considering they are our relegation rivals I hope I'm wrong but hes been in this league far too long, hes knows what hes doing.

Back in the days of Okacha, Stelios, Djorkaeff, Hierro, etc? That was his side that he built and they were pretty decent anyway. Difference being now he has walked into arguably the worst squad in the league and simply doesnt have the players unless they give him plenty to go shopping with in January which is highly likely. As it stands now though id be very surprised if they, along with us, arent flushed down finally this season. I wasnt against getting Fat Sam in as he has previous, but like Sunderland, I doubt he'd have been able to keep us up. Im just praying this French fella can organise us and instill a bit of confidence to at least give us a fighting chance. Very downbeat atm, we lack firepower and are too lightweight, error prone where it really counts. Its been plain to see for years. 

Just hope when im down the boozer for the Euros in the summer im not getting mugged left right and centre about relegation :/

Good results this weekend - but honestly, it shouldn't surprise us, there are plenty of poor teams in this league.

We just need to win a couple of games and things will look alot better. All those looking at the Watford game are way off the mark for me - they will sit in and be well organised and hit us on the break. I think we've got a better chance of points against Spurs and Everton, as they will allow us to play and hopefully we can get a bit of luck.

The depressing thing for fans and players is one win and we are still in the bottom three.  Potentially two wins on the spin and we could still be in the bottom three. So putting two or three wins together (when was the last time we did that by the way) and still being in the bottom three can be very demoralizing

But...a win tonight would mean there is bugger all between the bottom 5 and we would have the best goal difference.  Assuming Chelsea will disappear up at some point, I'd also expect at least one other to be dragged into the mix by Jan.  You're right that we will have to put together a run of wins at some point - from mid Dec to the end of Feb looks very possible.  Staying in touch over the next month is the main problem for me.

• Like 3

The depressing thing for fans and players is one win and we are still in the bottom three.  Potentially two wins on the spin and we could still be in the bottom three. So putting two or three wins together (when was the last time we did that by the way) and still being in the bottom three can be very demoralizing

Starts tonight Rich! #garderevolution 

I doubt we will be in double figures points wise by 2016, winning 3 in a row is never going to happen. Winning just 1 game between now and January would be a minor miracle

Edited by KHV

But...a win tonight would mean there is bugger all between the bottom 5 and we would have the best goal difference.  Assuming Chelsea will disappear up at some point, I'd also expect at least one other to be dragged into the mix by Jan.  You're right that we will have to put together a run of wins at some point - from mid Dec to the end of Feb looks very possible.  Staying in touch over the next month is the main problem for me.

tough fixture coming up and i include in that the watford game. we have players not used to the league and not used to relegation fights and a new manager not used to the players.  staying in touch in the next month could not be any more difficult

tough fixture coming up and i include in that the watford game. we have players not used to the league and not used to relegation fights and a new manager not used to the players.  staying in touch in the next month could not be any more difficult

We have Watford and West Ham at home and Norwich and Newcastle away where we may get points again this year, I'm not holding much hope of getting anything from Spurs,Citeh,Everton,Southampton or Arsenal.  I'm not convinced we have the beating of Watford or West Ham either and we are usually shit at St James Park too. It's looking bleak to be honest

We are 4 points off safety with 28 games to play.

trouble is of those 28 games the next batch are almost unwinnable . 4 points from the initial easier games. That's probably why people think we are down 

If the 28 games mirror the first ten, we are down.....unless the results change, the rest is hot air.

Lets face it.....The next manager can only go one way with results, apart from goal difference.....it just can't get any worse in terms of points.

We have Watford and West Ham at home and Norwich and Newcastle away where we may get points again this year, I'm not holding much hope of getting anything from Spurs,Citeh,Everton,Southampton or Arsenal.  I'm not convinced we have the beating of Watford or West Ham either and we are usually shit at St James Park too. It's looking bleak to be honest

I'm certainly not wildly optimistic about the rest of the season - what Villa fan could be.  However I do feel that our results have been worse than the performances merit.  We've been hamstrung by individual errors on the one hand and managerial weakness on the other (the former no doubt made worse by the latter).  I know it's all ifs,buts and maybes...but I take a small measure of optimism from Leicester last year - they were playing better than their results and eventually things turned round.  If we start playing in the same way but cut out the mistakes we'll pick up draws from losses, and the odd win.  If we start to play to potential, I can see enough wins from what we have left.

My glass is half full (and probably rose-tinted too), but I'd rather be us than Bournemouth or Sunderland right now, which just leaves one of Norwich and Newcastle to get ahead of and just about enough time to do it.

But it also builds confidence and momentum. The Leicester comeback last season was all about momentum and the fact the pressure was off because people wrote them off. I don't we are being written off by anyone yet - so we just need the momentum from somewhere. We havn't really had any luck all season - the opposition goalkeeper kicking it straight to our striker, or a wicked deflection - hopefully we can start making some luck now.

I'm thoroughly expecting to still be bottom at Christmas and with 10 points or less. I think looking at the fixture list that is realistic. I am not going to give up hope until we are mathematically screwed, but we'll see where we are at the end of February. The run of games from boxing day is where we can save ourselves and/or reinstate some hope there's enough about us to get ourselves out of this. To this end Garde has a free pass till Christmas as far as I'm concerned. We've been looking over our shoulders for years and now there's no one there its hard to shake the feeling with each insipid performance that it's all coming home to roost.

The only consolation to the prospect of relegation i can find is that under Ellis, it did preclude the most fun era of being a villan I can remember, namely the Atkinson years. But I wouldn't bank on us coming straight back up these days.

Lets hope Garde proves this post to be foolish

Past records go out of the window at some point - we have a load of new players who aren't burdened by previous failures (although they may be burdened by current failures!) and we have new a manager shortly, and quite honestly I don't think anyone knows which players will be selected and what style we will adopt.

We are a bit of an unknown quantity once Garde takes over. Its not like he is Allardyce or Pulis and people know what to expect - the element of surprise might just work in our favour.

Â