Stories from work

StefanAVFC

I inspect/appraise the engines but it's not a bad job especially if you're a bit of a aircraft nerd.

You literally are my hero. I have stood infront of jet engines at cosford and said to my wife, I would love to be able to understand that. Seriously, if I had my life all over again that would be the route I would choose.

ahhemmm,

1381-frames_626.gif

GE%20(OVH)CFM56-7_wales_test_111655.jpg

I worked on the GE90 test bed complex (the building in these photos is my baby) and a couple of other smaller spin off jobs.

Not quite the same thing, but a thoroughly fascinating place to have free rein and a full access pass* to for two or three years.

Big building was big.

*except the management and admin floors!

• Like 2

/ghey

how can it be ghey its not like I am outside his house, now, behind the wall, rubbing a picture of a a Rolls Royce RB211

Nothing wrong with liking a job. You should get yourself over to Rolls-Royce in Derby. In their learning centre (site 5a if I remember correctly) they have all of the engines they have produced but are no longer produced on display. They have an old RB211-524B off a Tri-Star sitting there fully cowled on an engine stand - superb. RB211-535 is still going strong on the 757-200/-300 fleet. Cracking engine. Last time I was there they had a Trent 1000 off the 787 sitting there which was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

/ghey

how can it be ghey its not like I am outside his house, now, behind the wall, rubbing a picture of a a Rolls Royce RB211

Nothing wrong with liking a job. You should get yourself over to Rolls-Royce in Derby. In their learning centre (site 5a if I remember correctly) they have all of the engines they have produced but are no longer produced on display. They have an old RB211-524B off a Tri-Star sitting there fully cowled on an engine stand - superb. RB211-535 is still going strong on the 757-200/-300 fleet. Cracking engine. Last time I was there they had a Trent 1000 off the 787 sitting there which was a nice surprise.

bristols_zpsjkdrxvwj.jpg

I inspect/appraise the engines but it's not a bad job especially if you're a bit of a aircraft nerd.

You literally are my hero. I have stood infront of jet engines at cosford and said to my wife, I would love to be able to understand that. Seriously, if I had my life all over again that would be the route I would choose.

ahhemmm,

1381-frames_626.gif

I worked on the GE90 test bed complex (the building in these photos is my baby) and a couple of other smaller spin off jobs.

Not quite the same thing, but a thoroughly fascinating place to have free rein and a full access pass* to for two or three years.

Big building was big.

Bolded made me cringe.

/ghey

My personal favourite is the RB211-535E4

ahhemmm,

1381-frames_626.gif

Big building was big.

Now you're just enabling (fluffing) him you dirty tease.  You love the attention :)

• Like 2

/ghey

My personal favourite is the RB211-535E4

Great engine. It is one of mine but my personal favourite is PW4460/PW4462 that is on-wing of the MD-11. PW4000-94 engine family. Had some terrible problems in its life though. Best sounding has to be the General Electric TF39.

fluffer

we haven't had any work stories from fluffers yet

come on fluffers .... :rolleyes:

Ex-fluffers.  Sadly, the blue pill rendered fluffers useless.  It's why I'm now a programmer.

• Like 2

Dangerous thread is dangerous. What I really want though are some juicy anecdotes from StewieGriffin. Go on ya good thing :)

Haha, ask and he shall receive... For anyone who didn't see my recent thread, I used to work for a well known high street opticians (probably not the first one you'd guess at)

1) a member of staff was sacked years ago for taking girls' numbers from the database and sexting them. Was a rumour he was sacked again from his next job for the same thing

2) someone once walked into the office to discover the (ex)manager having some "alone time"

3) we had a mystery pooper for months - took us ages to figure out who

4) an optician from another branch was sacked after his class A drug habit was discovered

5) I once spent about a month hiding a member of staff's stationary in the fridge and other crazy places to make her think she was going senile

6) a disgruntled ex-member of staff once came back into store and took about 200,frames off the shelf and left them on the desks just to piss the staff off

7) someone was once sacked for helping his mates steal luxury frames

Stumped for any more at the minute, but there's plenty

Dangerous thread is dangerous. What I really want though are some juicy anecdotes from StewieGriffin. Go on ya good thing :)

Haha, ask and he shall receive... For anyone who didn't see my recent thread, I used to work for a well known high street opticians (probably not the first one you'd guess at)

Sounds like you opticians got a lot of mud in your eyes ... until you saw the light? 

A hypothetical person might have hypothetically orchestrated the liberation of a hypothetical two-seater reclining leather sofa from a hypothetical former employer during a hypothetical stint in charge.

Hypothetically.

• Like 1

a bloke on my shift has a daughter who is dating a premier league footie player(not one of ours or any player from a midlands club),the player apparently offered him £500 a week to be his chaufer.he said he would buy him a range rover and the guy then would pick him up everyday and chaufer him around to training and wherever he wanted to go.the guy said no as it would mean a drop in his money.(true story honest)

tbh, if anyone dating my daughter offered me that job, he'd be in hospital now
Is your driving that bad :P
  • Like 4

1) a member of staff was sacked years ago for taking girls' numbers from the database and sexting them. Was a rumour he was sacked again from his next job for the same thing

2) someone once walked into the office to discover the (ex)manager having some "alone time"

3) we had a mystery pooper for months - took us ages to figure out who

4) an optician from another branch was sacked after his class A drug habit was discovered

5) I once spent about a month hiding a member of staff's stationary in the fridge and other crazy places to make her think she was going senile

6) a disgruntled ex-member of staff once came back into store and took about 200,frames off the shelf and left them on the desks just to piss the staff off

7) someone was once sacked for helping his mates steal luxury frames

I think I speak for **** every man, woman and child when I say;

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO GET FIRE?!?!?!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I haven't slept since your thread was up. You selfish man. [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

• Like 1

Used to work in a bar with a guy who was known for being adventurous with his drug taking, I found one of those spare button bags on the bar with a designer label on it binned the button an put a decent amount of salt in it and sealed it back up. 

Saw the drug guy heading into the glasswash so I went over too:

"Oi Steve, you seen this designer KET?"

he made a line and snorted it, His face went red his nose started to run and his eyes watered as I laughed maniacally.  Good times.

Also worked in Oceana for about a year. I was on duty for a Vodbull event where a girl passed out blackout drunk as she was on the loo, went in with a female door supervisor and we had to forced the cubicle door. The door swings open and we are presented with the sight of the young student on the floor with a log hanging off the seat trailing her. 

• Like 3

Â