Stories from work

StefanAVFC

My former manager's girlfriend came to our place of work (a bar), slugged back 2 white wines and went to the ladies' room to have buck naked girl sex with the woman she was chatting up at the bar, while her boyfriend embarrassingly paced outside the door having sent in a waitress to spy on them and confirm cunnilingus was being performed inside the toilet stall.

pics would be lovely

• Like 1

My former manager's girlfriend came to our place of work (a bar), slugged back 2 white wines and went to the ladies' room to have buck naked girl sex with the woman she was chatting up at the bar, while her boyfriend embarrassingly paced outside the door having sent in a waitress to spy on them and confirm cunnilingus was being performed inside the toilet stall.

pics would be lovely

its a given

hqdefault.jpg
  • Like 1

A few years back the ceo's PA sent an email intended just for him to the entire company.

It was someone's CV with the message "it's always better to hire someone who already has a job if you know what I mean..." [emoji38]

I don't get the joke.

At another bar job, i witnessed a girl who was at the bar and jyst met some guy, start giving him a handjob right there at the bar. They then went downstairs tk the restrooms...the doorman went down to check things out, and said he saw the guy pounding thegirl from behind up against the cigarette machine. They were asked to leave

At another bar job, i witnessed a girl who was at the bar and jyst met some guy, start giving him a handjob right there at the bar. They then went downstairs tk the restrooms...the doorman went down to check things out, and said he saw the guy pounding thegirl from behind up against the cigarette machine. They were asked to leave

I think, at the bar, he just asked her if she could get some change out of his pocket because his hands were full and then later he was helping her nudge the machine because her cigarettes had got stuck.

Totally innocent. 

• Like 1

When I used to work shifts, doing 4 days on, 4 days off, I used to have to do a handover report and email it to the bosses on the other rotation. It became blatantly obvious that no one was actually reading the emails, so for my own amusement, instead of ending the emails with, "Kind regards" or "Many thanks", I started to end them with things like, "Big up", "Easy now", "One love", "Jah bless", etc. That kept me amused for months. 

AKA the Ali G soundboard.

When I used to work shifts, doing 4 days on, 4 days off, I used to have to do a handover report and email it to the bosses on the other rotation. It became blatantly obvious that no one was actually reading the emails, so for my own amusement, instead of ending the emails with, "Kind regards" or "Many thanks", I started to end them with things like, "Big up", "Easy now", "One love", "Jah bless", etc. That kept me amused for months. 

AKA the Ali G soundboard.

Not really. More street slang from my youth. 

I have a few more additions on yesterday that have come to mind.

Emails - one of the lads who I work with had just started and I had allowed to him to email a female client from Ireland who works for an Engine Leasing Company. The lad is from Sri Lanka, really nice person and speaks superb English so I thought nothing of it. Maybe some nerves or writing about engine thrust ratings but instead of writing 'Dear Emer, I trust you are well.....' he simply left it as (and spelled trust wrong) 'Dear Emer, I thrust you. Please find attached.....'. Unfortunately we didn't make it in time for a recall. Sadistically, I was quite happy about that.

This one, I can't believe I didn't mention yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't present in the meeting but rumour got out quickly and there was firing. We had a Engine Technical Inspector join us from Rolls-Royce along with another chap who still works here. Anyway, we have this 'Daily Business Update' meeting. Very corporate BS and all the managers join in the boardroom. Anyway this Tech Inspector is asked to link up his laptop with the big screen to detail revenue streams from an asset management contract. Chairman, COO and CFO present up pops last nights Ebony delights. Always click 'X' and do a shut down. Anyway he was sacked but rumour has it him and his mate used to enjoy business trips to Africa for certain reasons. The other chap is never in the office and spends a lot of time circling Asia and East Africa. 

Back to the eccentric colleague. When I first joined, he used to buy sandwiches from a sandwich van that stopped by the office. However, he became incredibly unhappy that they kept putting mayonnaise on his sandwich despite him telling them. He was in a foul mood one day and went to the sandwich van and bought his sandwich. It had mayonnaise on it. He gave them a right roasting as it was a pre-order arrangement. Next day, went and bought a sandwich; it had mayonnaise on it again but he had not looked and returned to the office. He threw the sandwich unintentionally at a standalone fan - sandwich everywhere. I had to praise the sandwich van man for that. Class act. He also has the most stupid taste in sandwiches and worse, he pays someone all the time to make them. At the minute he is paying about £3.70 to have a sandwich containing beef and sausage. No sauce, no butter just nothing on brown bread. Anyway the same fan was eventually broken (by him) when he had an argument with his then boss over some Helsinki expenses when one food bill came in to the equivalent of £400 and a taxi fare well over the odds. It turned out he went out for a few pints and met a Finnish family of five. He was probably slaughtered so played the 'big I am' and offered to take them all to dinner on the company credit card. He was only there for a night inspecting an old Finnair MD-11. Argument commenced and he stormed out the office booting the fan into the wall on his way out. He got a similar bollocking when in Kentucky at a General Electric conference. He got bored and paid a taxi driver to take him around 100 miles away to the hills and to see some scenery. He also got a speeding fine in Austria and tried to expense that which is just bloody idiotic. So back to his doodles (which he is good at), he drew an A380 (and if you know the aircraft it is an ugly monstrosity and we're not massive lovers of Airbus aircraft) but adapted it so that it was actually a hippo. Anyway he pinned it up next to his desk and although not particularly funny, we had Airbus visiting and one of their representatives comes and has a chat to him for 10 minutes, but as an onlooker all I could focus on was this Hippo A380 drawing on A3 paper and how I was hoping the Airbus guy would see it.

Edited by knoppy1987
  • Like 1

I once uncovered a Paedophile who'd been hiding in my town under an alias for 5 years - with his cupboard under the stairs plastered with Level 5 images of children. 

That and the lady whose children reported her for shagging the family Labrador. 

2 of the reasons why I don't work in Child Protection anymore. 

I have a few more additions on yesterday that have come to mind.

Emails - one of the lads who I work with had just started and I had allowed to him to email a female client from Ireland who works for an Engine Leasing Company. The lad is from Sri Lanka, really nice person and speaks superb English so I thought nothing of it. Maybe some nerves or writing about engine thrust ratings but instead of writing 'Dear Emer, I trust you are well.....' he simply left it as (and spelled trust wrong) 'Dear Emer, I thrust you. Please find attached.....'. Unfortunately we didn't make it in time for a recall. Sadistically, I was quite happy about that.

This one, I can't believe I didn't mention yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't present in the meeting but rumour got out quickly and there was firing. We had a Engine Technical Inspector join us from Rolls-Royce along with another chap who still works here. Anyway, we have this 'Daily Business Update' meeting. Very corporate BS and all the managers join in the boardroom. Anyway this Tech Inspector is asked to link up his laptop with the big screen to detail revenue streams from an asset management contract. Chairman, COO and CFO present up pops last nights Ebony delights. Always click 'X' and do a shut down. Anyway he was sacked but rumour has it him and his mate used to enjoy business trips to Africa for certain reasons. The other chap is never in the office and spends a lot of time circling Asia and East Africa. 

Back to the eccentric colleague. When I first joined, he used to buy sandwiches from a sandwich van that stopped by the office. However, he became incredibly unhappy that they kept putting mayonnaise on his sandwich despite him telling them. He was in a foul mood one day and went to the sandwich van and bought his sandwich. It had mayonnaise on it. He gave them a right roasting as it was a pre-order arrangement. Next day, went and bought a sandwich; it had mayonnaise on it again but he had not looked and returned to the office. He threw the sandwich unintentionally at a standalone fan - sandwich everywhere. I had to praise the sandwich van man for that. Class act. He also has the most stupid taste in sandwiches and worse, he pays someone all the time to make them. At the minute he is paying about £3.70 to have a sandwich containing beef and sausage. No sauce, no butter just nothing on brown bread. Anyway the same fan was eventually broken (by him) when he had an argument with his then boss over some Helsinki expenses when one food bill came in to the equivalent of £400 and a taxi fare well over the odds. It turned out he went out for a few pints and met a Finnish family of five. He was probably slaughtered so played the 'big I am' and offered to take them all to dinner on the company credit card. He was only there for a night inspecting an old Finnair MD-11. Argument commenced and he stormed out the office booting the fan into the wall on his way out. He got a similar bollocking when in Kentucky at a General Electric conference. He got bored and paid a taxi driver to take him around 100 miles away to the hills and to see some scenery. He also got a speeding fine in Austria and tried to expense that which is just bloody idiotic. So back to his doodles (which he is good at), he drew an A380 (and if you know the aircraft it is an ugly monstrosity and we're not massive lovers of Airbus aircraft) but adapted it so that it was actually a hippo. Anyway he pinned it up next to his desk and although not particularly funny, we had Airbus visiting and one of their representatives comes and has a chat to him for 10 minutes, but as an onlooker all I could focus on was this Hippo A380 drawing on A3 paper and how I was hoping the Airbus guy would see it.

I want your job, not literally your job, but outside of commercial aviation pilot, inspecting the beasts would be the next best thing.

I want your job, not literally your job, but outside of commercial aviation pilot, inspecting the beasts would be the next best thing.

I inspect/appraise the engines but it's not a bad job especially if you're a bit of a aircraft nerd.

• Like 1

I inspect/appraise the engines but it's not a bad job especially if you're a bit of a aircraft nerd.

You literally are my hero. I have stood infront of jet engines at cosford and said to my wife, I would love to be able to understand that. Seriously, if I had my life all over again that would be the route I would choose.

Â