Adama Traore

mwj

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I take that as talented kid on £60k/week not putting in the effort anymore. Same thing that happened to Grealish last season really albeit likely on less money.. Huge financial success at a young age can mess with a persons motivation.

Not particularly miffed at all by this, beyond the obligatory regret that a young player isn't able to make the best of his talent while in Villa.

As long as we get a reasonable (or more) amount of  for him this represents nothing but an opportunity to further improve the team. Which the guys behind the wheel at AVFC right now has proved to be more than capable of.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Regret what? The lad can't even be arsed to earn a move, he turned up an hour late yesterday and lost his place on the bench. Could have put himself in the shop window... nah...

Bollocks to him. 

I just wished he'd play a few 90 minute games so we can properly judge him. Shame we had moron Black and his experienced cronies to endure in the run in last year.

I think he'll go on to have a pretty good career, the raw talent is certainly there.

I don't think we did ourselves any favours with the lack of opportunities we gave him last year. But if he doesn't want to be here then move him on. 

I think he will be a revelation at some team if they keep him healthy.

He has a lot of raw attributes but is sorely lacking in other areas. Saturday summed him up - he went on a 60 yard run at full pelt with players just bouncing off him, and then massively overhit what should have been a basic 10 yard pass. I don't think he touched the ball after that, and he had no idea where he was meant to be on the pitch without the ball, clueless in terms of positioning.

No point in keeping someone who is not going to be fully committed.

Personally if there's interest from Spain I'd loan him out for a year.

I doubt there's too many in Spain who could afford what we want so could be best for both parties...we either get a good fee for him at end of loan spell from somewhere or who knows he might suddenly decide he wants another go here if we're back in the premier league.

• Like 1

Â