Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We really did buy some shit didn't we? 

We did, but the more mystifying question is why PL teams bought so much of that shit back off us having seen how badly they all did last year. 

This is why I keep making the point, over and over and over again, that it doesn't matter how large the TV deal in the PL is. If all they're going to do with the money is buy people like Guzan and Adama and pay them more money than before, they're not doing anything to improve the overall quality of the division. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We did, but the more mystifying question is why PL teams bought so much of that shit back off us having seen how badly they all did last year. 

This is why I keep making the point, over and over and over again, that it doesn't matter how large the TV deal in the PL is. If all they're going to do with the money is buy people like Guzan and Adama and pay them more money than before, they're not doing anything to improve the overall quality of the division. 

And I think Tony, Bruce, Round and the rest of the team will do a much better job than those teams - when it comes to signing good quality players.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh I agree, and I'd go as far to say the quality has diminished a lot over the last 10 years or so. There seems to a real dearth of real quality players now, not just English but overseas players as well. Average players now are commanding astronomical salaries. 

It's the same as with managers, they just keep failing and getting employed again.

Just look at our daft PL-experience policy, swiftly followed by the Championship experience policy.

Football is as inbred as Arkansas 

• 4 weeks later...

@Xela

I think if you were to flip your post around.

This

On 08/04/2017 at 12:49, Xela said:

Average players now are commanding astronomical salaries. 

Is probably the reason for this 

On 08/04/2017 at 12:49, Xela said:

Oh I agree, and I'd go as far to say the quality has diminished a lot over the last 10 years or so. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Lovely assist from Ayew there.

It's obvious he couldn't be bothered in the championship, we should've sold him in the summer really but weren't to know. 

that makes him a prick in my book if that is the case

He was decent today but missed a very good chance down to awful technique, thought he was excellent against United mind. Still see the fundamental problems, he's not consistent and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of end product. Certainly an excellent athlete with good technique/ control, he's playing at his level. 

10 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest he hasn't really been good for Swansea overall

Depends what you judge him on, he set up the winner today, set up the goal v Spurs.

He's not a great goalscorer as evidenced here. I still think though if he'd turned up when Benteke was here and been a foil for him that would've been a really good partnership.

Say we signed him or that type of player when we got Kozak in then I think we'd have been a much better footballing team. 

He seems to be linking up with Llorente quite well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think that's obvious at all. 

Me either.

I don't think he was very good, but I don't think it was anything to do with not caring.

He's just one of those players that has a certain demeanour that when things are going badly people perceive that he can't be bothered. 

I guess this could go anywhere but it's just completely alien for me to see players plodding around a football field when the chips are down. Even for someone like Ayew, you'd hope that he's at least put a shift in running the channels and closing down the keeper or CB's if there was little else on.

I think of someone like Marc Albrighton, not the most gifted player in the world but always puts 100% in and you can never take that away from him.

I know money is a dirty work in football but for what they earn the very least they can do is run around a bit even for lost causes.

He did put a shift in though, that's my point. He just runs and acts in this laid back manner that makes people think he's not trying. 

It happens everywhere. 

Ozil is the obvious example. He generally covers more ground in a game than Sanchez does. But if you ask anyone who works harder I'd almost guarantee they'd say Sanchez, me included before I read about that. 

But because Ozil floats around the pitch, but Sanchez moves in these busy sprints from point to point, the perception is different. 

I think Ayew has the same problem. Because he's not all hustle and bustle he comes across as lazy, when I don't think that's his problem. 

His problem is he's rubbish. 

• Like 1

Â