Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I love him. For me, our best player. Probably the best dribbler in the squad and he hardly ever loses the ball. Yes, decision making can be a bit suspect sometimes but to make up for it he works so hard off the ball. Agree with the above, that his best position is left wing, playing as an inside forward. Much more effective than Grealish IMO. 

• Like 2

He needs to play on the left of a 3. He more than anyone benefitted from the change of formation.

He also benefits from having Amavi behind him rather than Cissoko, because Amavi attacks more and when he does attack it is isn't just an overlap, he cuts inside and also looks for 1-2s with Ayew, although Ayew doesn't ever return the ball to him, which is a bit frustrating. 

On 22 September 2016 at 12:31, bobzy said:

Horribly misjudged for me.  Ayew is our player of the season so far (not that it says that much I guess :D).  He makes the wrong decisions at times, but the ease that he beats players with and the amount he works off the ball makes him completely undroppable at the moment IMO.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he is easily the most frustrating player I have seen, he can beat 3 players and then instead of passing he wants to beat a 4th and then loses the ball. he also is a me me me player instead of a team player

He doesn't actually lose the ball that much at all - he just loses the opportunity to play an incisive pass. Happened regularly that Amavi would lay it off to him then run free down the line to receive the return ball... but Ayew took it inside instead. 

He literally glided past defenders though. Such a quick initial burst of speed on him. If he starts to make the right decisions regularly, he'll be the best player in the league IMO. 

• Like 1

He badly needs a goal, any which way. Such as last season, once he finds his range the confidence will ooze from him. He won't score a ton, but he's deffo still got 10+ goals in him this season. 

He's generally overpowered for this league. Yes he's selfish but he also has 3 assists and I was very impressed with all of his set piece taking yesterday. For such a forward thinking player his pass percentage is decent too (83%) and he works his bollocks off, to the point he's often given a bit of stick on the occasions he doesn't track back, usually though being absolutely knackered.  

He's my favourite player I think. When he's on it he excites me like I were 9 years old again. However, no way is he a centre forward as some suggest. He's a wide man, either on the wing or further forward. Leave him be. 

He has something that is rare in this league.....good feet, very good feet.

as some have said, playing him in the inside forward position is key for me.

He does need to improve his decisions to release the ball, but could also come with our running off the ball improving ..........needs to sit and watch de bruyne  and emulate his timing.

He is not perfect.....but I like him.

I think if we had some Dogs in the middle of midfield it would release him to wreak damage with the others up front.He has to play deeper to cover our weak midfield.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Love this player but god is he frustrating, he had a superb run and hit the post, yes it was a great shot and unlucky but after that he had his hands on his head and turned away from goal showing his disappointment, while this is understandable the ball was still in play and in our possession and he should have been running into the box.

Â