Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Forest were time wasting by not collecting the ball to take a throw in - he chucked it at one of their players to suggest they should hurry up. I don't get the attitude problem there?

He was also the last guy on the pitch and the only player to give his shirt to a fan. 

No issue with his attitude yesterday. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's just who he is. If he didn't want to be here he wouldn't put in a performance like that, it wouldn't be possible. 

This. Everyone reading into it way too much. It's simply the way he is, he's moody, lots of people are, fans need to get over it, especially as he's our best and most exciting player!

• Like 1

if i played for villa ye would hate me. i can be moody and i have one of those faces that always looks like im angry. i cant help it. i scare kids and women away.

my football skills wouldnt have ye too impressed either

dont see the fuss about celebrating, ya id be happy but its what strikers are paid to do.40 grand a week to score a goal and they manage to do so, no need to blow their load. imagine a maccy ds empolyee screaming and shouthing when they pass your big mac out the drive tru window to ya ; )

i think ayew just lets things get to him sometime. his can be seen when his frustration spills over. it doesnt make him less of a player. he hasnt been terrible and has shown glimpses of magic. sometimes form comes and goes

• Like 2

I don't care about his 'mood' I only care about him delivering. His end product up until yesterday was severely lacking for a player of his obvious quality, however yesterday it was spot on. All he needs to do is produce more of the same, there's no reason why he can't, hopefully he takes confidence from yesterday's performance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Had a good game. Perhaps we should see him more as a winger than a striker. 

I already do. His close range finishing isn't good enough to play him up top on a regular basis. 

He will score a few though, they'll start flying in. 7-10 and all dozen assists would be a fine return. On his day he's unplayable at this level. 

• Like 1

He just has to release the ball earlier and more often. We are close to stomping all over a few sides, and once it clicks, he'll be fine.

Yes he got two assists, great. He should have about seven this season so far but has dribbled into trouble frequently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't be silly. He has to work on his smiling, not his finishing.

LOL, i took some pics of him warming up for the Forest game and he looked like he had a cob on. He just has one of those faces. :-)

The transfer window closed and he accepted he will be here. Plus added competition in his position... and boom... he has his best game of the season so far. Long may it continue. Just needs a goal or two now and he will start dominating. He seems a bit like Benteke.. very much a confidence player.. when he scores he will score it patches. 

I get the feeling that an awful lot (sadly) of people just don't like his face then? And if he bangs a hat-trick in against Brentford tomorrow it'll be his lack of celebrating/morose(ness?) that'll be picked up on. 

Second half on Sunday he was utterly unplayable and was the difference between a loss and the actual result (that cross bar is still shaking now ffs!), he'll never be the darling of the Holte I fear but jees, he is absolute quality at this level , maybe he should play in a David Platt spitting image mask!?

Last season, he was the only player that seemed to give a damn, and therefore I rate him highly. I couldn't care less if he is channelling Kanye, as long as he plays good football, like he usually does.

• Like 2

I think he will prove to be an excellent player this season. Don't blame him for not trusting the players around him but once he realizes there is a lot more talent surrounding him, he better be passing. The way Ayew just glides through players is fantastic to watch. I think he'd do better in McCormack's position but it's tough to fit everyone 

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

I don't think anyone could question the effort he put in on Sunday. Compare him to players previously been accused of that - N'Zogbia, Gabby, etc - and his performance was a million miles away from that. 

think i saw a post from trent saying ayew was basically same as nzogbia during the game xD

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think he will prove to be an excellent player this season. Don't blame him for not trusting the players around him but once he realizes there is a lot more talent surrounding him, he better be passing. The way Ayew just glides through players is fantastic to watch. I think he'd do better in McCormack's position but it's tough to fit everyone 

I don't, having an eye for a through ball is not something that can be easily coached. I think he's playing in his best position.

Why mess with something that is working. We've created more chances than we did in the entirety of last season (might need to look that up!) and the goals will come. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes me too. Mcormack is a far better finisher. Ayew has been very wasteful in front of goal this season. His best position is out wide. 

Yeah but Ayew can create chances for himself out of nothing, not sure McCormack can tbh. Up front Ayew would have many more chances.

Â