Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Got to be honest - if we wanted an experienced striker to tide us over until Gestede has settled in, I would have much rather gone for Rickie Lambert instead of Adebayor. At least you know what you will get with Lambert, he will probably score the same amount of goals, and he wanted to leave Liverpool for the right reasons i.e. to play football.

I don't care if he turned us down in January. Why would he come to us if he though he still had a chance at Liverpool, he's got no affinity with our club and back then we were still managed by Lambert.

Too late now anyway! I reckon he'll score 10-15 goals for WBA.

Got to be honest - if we wanted an experienced striker to tide us over until Gestede has settled in, I would have much rather gone for Rickie Lambert instead of Adebayor. At least you know what you will get with Lambert...

Not very much!

• Like 1

I reckon it depends on when Spurs' payday is, if it's early in the month and they've paid Ade's August wages already there shouldn't be a problem, if it's at the end of the month, then we might as well chill out and sign it on the 31st. Save another 400 grand in the process. 

Are we allowed to loan him, I know we had issues with januzaj last season. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I'd take a loan

I'm not sure we've got any more money to spend anyway. Liverpool only paid & £16m upfront for Benteke, we've easily spent that already. ;)

Are we allowed to loan him, I know we had issues with januzaj last season. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I'd take a loan

I'm not sure we've got any more money to spend anyway. Liverpool only paid & £16m upfront for Benteke, we've easily spent that already. ;)

We got £32.5 million for Benteke. If they are paying stage payments then it stands to reason that we are doing the same with our new signings.

Lerner always throws in £15-£20 million each summer for transfers. Not sure if he will do so this time but I'm sure there is cash if we really need to spend more.

We are about even in our spending thus far-Another 2 plus Adebayor on loan would be the icing on the cake for me.

We got £32.5 million for Benteke. If they are paying stage payments then it stands to reason that we are doing the same with our new signings.

Lerner always throws in £15-£20 million each summer for transfers. Not sure if he will do so this time but I'm sure there is cash if we really need to spend more.

We are about even in our spending thus far-Another 2 plus Adebayor on loan would be the icing on the cake for me.

That's the joke ☺

That's the joke ☺

Well it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe last summer we didn't quite spend that but remember the Cleverley deal fell apart at the 11th hour. If that signing had gone through, it would have taken the spend over the £15mil mark.

Pretty sure we have paid in instalments too, it helps on tax I believe.