Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I completely understand the feelings of Spurs fans wanting to get rid. just like how we have felt about some of our recent high earners who have done very little for the club.

This deal does concerns me with the players well documented personality and the amount of money we'll potentially be paying him.

However I can appreciate that this is a tactical, short term solution. Sherwood knows the player, knows that he can get him firing and it'll takes the pressure of our other new and younger strikers.

If he comes in, scores 10+ goals then it will be job done and a good bit of business by the club.

I want Adebayor to score a hat trick against spuds having seen the comments of some of their fans

And I want him to do his "run the whole length of the pitch" celebration when he does

I assume he won't be eligible to play against them :(

Don't care, has to happen.

no dirt at all. very clean article with lots of neutrality.

As much as i dislike adebayor even i can see thats a biased article, but not all of it is untrue

Wages per goal? Why not games per goal? Or even wages per goal when playing in a Tim Sherwood style team? Rather than adding on the £7m he picked up not being picked last season, why not just look at when he has been picked since he probably will be for us?

Or work out how much Darren Bent has cost for the last two seasons per goal for us?

Pointless article that shows nothing of any use.

You've gotta admire their commitment to the cause. Even the opening paragraph hints that he's 'not from around here'.

• Like 3

Being reported in the Independent "Under the terms of the move Villa will take sole responsibility for Adebayor’s wages. There is also a loan fee involved in the deal for the player."

Who cares?? It's not our money.

It kind of is. We pay for tickets, merchandise etc, which all goes in the club's coffers.

It's true to an extent but I suspect most of the club's and other PL club's money comes from sponsorships, prize money, tv money etc. Tickets and merch is a drop in the ocean but I understand what you mean. Really though, it barely is fans money dictating a thing, hence why the likes of Bayern can spend shedloads and have such tiny ticket prices.

As for Levy being a shit-hot negotiater (nothing to do with the quoted post), he has that rep but to me he'd seem a bigger moron letting Ade train/play with the U21's and carry on paying him his massive wages week after week like he has done since last summer. I can see Villa stumping up a big loan fee but not paying 100% of the wages too. 

Forget it lads, this deal is off!

Those pesky sly foxes from Leicester have snook in at the last minute and got him to sign for them instead. This is the package that he just couldn't turn down:

£10k per week - Lineker used his Spurs connection to get them to carry on paying £90k per week of his wages.

A one year pass for him and as many others that he can drag along to the National Space Centre.

A year's supply of Walkers Crisps - any flavour!

And, the deal clincher, the full back catalogue of all Engelbert Humperdinck's cd's.

• Like 1

Being reported in the Independent "Under the terms of the move Villa will take sole responsibility for Adebayor’s wages. There is also a loan fee involved in the deal for the player."

Who cares?? It's not our money.

It kind of is. We pay for tickets, merchandise etc, which all goes in the club's coffers.

It's true to an extent but I suspect most of the club's and other PL club's money comes from sponsorships, prize money, tv money etc. Tickets and merch is a drop in the ocean but I understand what you mean. Really though, it barely is fans money dictating a thing, hence why the likes of Bayern can spend shedloads and have such tiny ticket prices.

So technically correct. The best kind of correct.

• Like 3

Its a terrible transfer and by January he will want to go back to London. Just saying. Ginola part 2.

Nothing like Ginola signing.

Wasn't Ginola signed by Ellis, Gregory the manager at the time didn't want him. Sherwood on the other hand has managed Adebayor before and they obviously have a rapport.

• Like 1

We've spent years getting out wage budget down and high earners off the books, you honestly think we're suddenly going to give someone 100k a week?

Yeah.okay.

He will surely retain his £100k a week salary though?

We will either pay a good percentage of it AND a loan fee or we will agree to cover his wage. Both amount to the same really as it will cost the club £5million minimum, whatever deal is agreed.