The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

He hasn't played since he made that 300 has he?

Hasn't played since he was told he had no chance of playing. Again.

It was tongue in cheek, but seriously, it still pisses me off, especially when the top order is, let's face it, a bit turd.

He who shall not be named isn't really an opener, but he would be a huge improvement on Lyth.

Yes we can't just carry on hoping things will improve. Is David Steele still around?  ;)

Ballance is opening now...

No, he isn't.

There's a fair amount of difference in going in early at three (even if it's the second ball of the innings) and walking out to open.

We may choose to try him there and he may do well but it seems less like 'needs must' and more like 'must look to try something/anything'.

Yes we can't just carry on hoping things will improve.

Who is suggesting we do that?

I don't think I've seen anyone suggest it.

Edited by snowychap

3 down already on a pitch the Aussies have scored a shitload on. Embarrassing

Huge lack of mental strength. They are literally getting themselves out.

Starc and Johnson are as good as it gets, but so is this pitch and it will only get harder on quicker ones.

Too many middle class fairies.

They need to toughen up mentally because the aussies are in their heads.

Show SOME fight ffs. Go down swinging (or in todays case, play defensively, resolutely even). Don't let these guys bully you.

• Like 2

You did suggest sticking with Lyth Snowychap.  ;)

I suggested not dropping (or discarding) someone after four test matches.

That isn't just carry[ing] on hoping things will improve.

I suggested that they use the break between this test and the next one to seriously work on his apparent deficiency (i.e. in and around his off stump).

That isn't just carry[ing] on hoping things will improve.

I'm not in favour of just dropping people without giving them a decent chance (that's what we used to do all the time and we burned through many a potentially decent player by doing it) and I'm not sure that four games at the start of a test career is that unless people are convinced that Lyth is not good enough and won't ever do it.

Too many middle class fairies.

They need to toughen up mentally because the aussies are in their heads.

Show SOME fight ffs. Go down swinging (or in todays case, play defensively, resolutely even). Don't let these guys bully you.

Yep, mentally this team are weak. No balls and easily beaten down by the Aussies.

an idiotic decision to prepare a purposefully slow and flat wicket to try and negate johnson and starc. all that did was say to the aussies 'we are scared of you'. you show a hint of fear to them and they will jump all over it, that is their mentality.

• Like 2

helps when the aussie quicks can hit 90mph - even on a slow, flat pitch they are going to cause trouble. only wood for us can get near that - broad and anderson are mid 80s, and on a slow pitch that gives test level batsmen all the time in the world to pick them.

should have gone for a wicket that suits our bowlers, instead of trying to negate the aussies

• Like 2

Too many players who only perform when things are going well. Complete lack of mental strength from the majority of them. They obviously fancied a day off tomorrow. 

We were never going to win but this was a chance for some players to get their eye in and make a decent score ahead of the next test. But no, looks like they've decided they can't be bothered and thrown in the towel, Appalling. 

Â