The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

27 months to the next Ashes. This comes after 15 Ashes tests in the last 25 months. I do think it has become overkill in recent years.

27 months to the next Ashes. This comes after 15 Ashes tests in the last 25 months. I do think it has become overkill in recent years.

Yeah, I think the fact we play them more often these days, has taken the shine off it a little. That's what brings the money in though. About the only series England and Australia can guarantee 5 sold out test matches.  

BT Sport have got the live rights to the next Ashes series down under. Paying £70 million a year to broadcast Aus home matches for the next 5 years. Still got a long way before they can even compete with Sky though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3208147/BT-Sport-grab-2017-18-Ashes-TV-rights-rivals-Sky-Sports-350m-coup.html

England’s cricketers were not the only ones celebrating an Ashes win on Sunday night — so were BT Sport, who have seized the rights to the 2017-18 series Down Under from arch-rivals Sky in a major coup.

In a move that demonstrates BT will challenge Sky strongly on the cricket field as well as on the football pitch, the network have secured the UK contract for Aussie home matches from Cricket Australia for the next five years.

It is believed to be costing them around £70million a year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3208147/BT-Sport-grab-2017-18-Ashes-TV-rights-rivals-Sky-Sports-350m-coup.html#ixzz3jfndvtCn 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So BT just won the coverage for the ashes. Jeez. sky sports taking a bit of a hammering recently.

Just come in here to post this.

They've lost the Ashes, and they've lost the Champions League, and how much do you think they've reduced my bill by? :D 

**** all. 

They will lose majority of prem football in the future aswell. Is this all a big **** you to Sky from BT for entering the broadband business and taking some of their customers? Noway will sky be able to compete with bt right? 

Â