The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Did the Aussies swap the track whilst we weren't looking? :(

I think the calls for Lyth to get the chop are a little premature. He's only in his fourth test.

If he keeps getting out the same way though he wont last long

Quite probably but I'd like to think that, as we've got about 450 support staff, we might try and sort out some of the issues a new Test batsman has.

In the meantime, half the country* starts calling for his head three tests after he gets a century on debut**.

*May be a bit of hyperbole. :)

**That was wrong, wasn't it? He got the century in his second test.

Edited by snowychap

Bell is a better batsman than Trott though but I agree we miss Trott at 3. I think Bell is ok because of that 60 in the first test. He got a very good ball. Lyth and Ballance are bigger issues because a) Lyth doesn't know where his offstump is and B) Ballance has problems against the short ball. It was why he never got selected in Australia. 

Cook and Stokes did well. 

Bell is a better batsman than Trott though but I agree we miss Trott at 3. I think Bell is ok because of that 60 in the first test. He got a very good ball. Lyth and Ballance are bigger issues because a) Lyth doesn't know where his offstump is and B) Ballance has problems against the short ball. It was why he never got selected in Australia. 

Cook and Stokes did well. 

Bell is a more elegant batsman I would say but Trott had that grit and wasnt going to play shots for the sake of playing them and would stick around

Why is Rogers retiring? He is probably in best form of his career

speaking of being out of form, Anderson has only 3 wickets so far Ali and Root are ahead of him and is lowest out of all the bowlers in series so far (except Marsh who still has 2 after 1 match)

Edited by Zatman

He made the decision before the series, guess he may have a rethink or not.  Its the way it goes sometimes with bowlers. He hasn't had a lot of luck. Anderson has been around a long time now but I wouldn't write him off. Its fair to say the Aussie seamers have got more out of this wicket than the England ones. They look tired to me. I would drop one of the top 4 (Not Cook of course) and promote Moeen to 5 and then bring in Rashid. You would loose nothing in the batting and gain a bit in the bowling. Don't see how you can have a player that bats at 3 for his county bat at 8 with the dregs and think of him as a bowling allrounder which he isn't. It was only two years ago he was leading run getter in the country and voted cricketer of the year for his batting. 

Edited by PaulC

Absolute brilliant

An unsuspecting fan was left embarrassed when she went to take her seat at Lord's but ended up on the floor! Unluckily for her, it was shown live on the big screen to the rest of the crowd and even the players! http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/9917318/invisible-seats-at-lords

• Like 2

Absolute brilliant

An unsuspecting fan was left embarrassed when she went to take her seat at Lord's but ended up on the floor! Unluckily for her, it was shown live on the big screen to the rest of the crowd and even the players! http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/9917318/invisible-seats-at-lords

would

was at my dads when that happened...was hoping her small but pert tits would pop out

I'd have thought so, but they seem keen to put on an extraordinary total. They could have declared overnight and been big favourites, but there's plenty of time left so I guess they feel confident they can bowl us out in a day and a bit (probably rightly so) - this one needs the intervention of the great British summer.

Â