The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Taylor needs a call up after that knock surely.

One knock against medium quick bowlers doesn't prove a lot to be fair. Thats his first hundred of the season as well. Bairstow who averages 100 in first class cricket this season is more deserving really. 

Defo.

People need to be careful about who gets chosen because it really depends on who they've been facing.

It can also make people such as Gary Ballance look good.

They will probably make that one change. Move Bell to 3, Root to 4 and Bairstow at 5

• Like 2

...Bairstow at 5

It would certainly signal a welcome break with England tradition to actually pick and play the guy scoring loads of runs in the county game when he's still in form.

We always used to wait until he'd just gone over and then pick him. :)

• Like 1

That would look much better to me.

If Bell fails at Edgbaston though, he's a goner.

Trouble is theres Bell, Lyth and Ballance. If Ballance does get dropped and both Lyth and Bell fail at edgbaston I think Lyth is more likely to get dropped than Bell but who knows. 

That would look much better to me.

If Bell fails at Edgbaston though, he's a goner.

Trouble is theres Bell, Lyth and Ballance. If Ballance does get dropped and both Lyth and Bell fail at edgbaston I think Lyth is more likely to get dropped than Bell but who knows. 

I think Lyth would have the advantage due to his "newness" to the set up.  If Bell can't get himself up and running after 10 years worth of international class standard, he'll be the one to go, not the new guy.

imo obviously.

Lyth keeps getting out the same way. At least Bell offers variety in his ways of dismissal  ;)

Anyway 22 test hundreds might just keep him in over Lyth who is unproven at this level. First in first out  :)

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Stevo, I see you lurking! I thought you hated cricket?! What you doing reading this thread?!

:P

:wave:

Someone told me something about the thread. I can't say what because it's post on poster, so I came to see what was going down.

Needless to say I didn't come for the thrilling cricket chat. Although I did hear we got thrashed on the news so I guess that wasn't a very good start. Look at me, talking about cricket!

Anyway, what I came to see wasn't very exciting so I'll be off again :D

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Someone told me something about the thread. I can't say what because it's post on poster, so I came to see what was going down.

It's not that hard to work out who and what they said. :mrgreen:

The person who told me doesn't post on VT (although he is a registered member, he's just a lurker) so I'd be extremely surprised if that was true.

Â