The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Great stuff. Really pleased to see us playing aggressive, attacking cricket. Credit to Cook for setting some unorthodox fields, and not being afraid to try something different. We may make a decent captain out of you yet!

• Like 4

George Dobell is quite scathing of the Cardiff wicket. Thinks there should never be a test match played in Cardiff again. 

aye, england go 1:0 up in an ashes series against expectations, scored over 700 and got australia all out twice in under 4 days play

it's nice to have something to whinge about though

More down to the players than the wicket they had to play on though. 15,000 capacity for an ashes test when Old Trafford holds 26000. Its not right really. I like Cardiff but its not a test match ground. 

England unchanged. Aussies bring in Marsh and Nevill, for Watson and Haddin.

Aussies win the toss, and have a bat.

Hmmm... Decent toss to lose? Sounds like it's overcast in that London. Jimmy to get the ball swinging, and cause problems for the Aussie bats? Fingers crossed!

Runfest on the cards by the sound of it. Does the draw look like a good bet? I'd probably take 4 draws / rain offs, for the rest of the series! ;)

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Yes but I fancy the Aussies to make it 1-1. They do well at Lords.  The Aussies get 550, Starc and Johnson come racing in! Bell is a very poor slip fielder. Always was. 

Edited by PaulC

Yes but I fancy the Aussies to make it 1-1. They do well at Lords.  The Aussies get 550, Starc and Johnson come racing in! Bell is a very poor slip fielder. Always was. 

Think that's a little unfair on Bell.

He's taken some good wickets from Slip.

Scoreboard pressure comes into play if, as it seems likely, the Aussies post a big score. 

Can't recall who it was, but I remember someone moaning in the press about Cardiff, and them not getting another Ashes, due to the wicket. Will the same argument be used to against Lords? 

Â