The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Lyth out the same way yet again. Sorry but you just cant keep him in the side.

Who do we not give a chance to next?

I would just move Ballance to opener, Bell at 3, root 4 and Moeen 5 and then bring in Rashid so at least we have more chance of getting 20 wickets. 

I would just move Ballance to opener, Bell at 3, root 4 and Moeen 5 and then bring in Rashid so at least we have more chance of getting 20 wickets.

But as you said Ballance bats at 5 for his county - it's a bit of a push to ask him to open in tests, isn't it? It would be no surprise to see him fail then.

The Aussies have obviously identified a weakness - we've got a bit of a gap before the next test so why don't we get the backroom staff earning their corn and actually try to sort it out rather than just dropping someone two tests after they make a ton?

Because you can't replicate a test cricket in the nets. Its a mental thing with Lyth. Shall we just wait until we are 2-1 down. If not Ballance then bring back Compton. Technically the best option we have. 

Good call Taylor but a middle-order batsman when we need an opener. 

Disgraceful from all in this Test. From the way the pitch was set up, to some of the shots being played and then the bowlers who have been terrible. A disgrace. The Australians will run away with the Ashes now.

Because you can't replicate a test cricket in the nets. Its a mental thing with Lyth.

It comes across as more of a technical problem (someone on here even described him as not knowing where his offstump is ;)).

Shall we just wait until we are 2-1 down

Before we possibly replicate an error we made earlier in the year and move someone up to open who probably isn't accustomed to it?

Edit: If it were me, I'd get people working on his off stump/just outside off issue in the next week and then take a view when picking the team next week. I wouldn't be completely against him not playing in the next test as long as he isn't just discarded or, worse still, told to 'go away and find some form'.

Edited by snowychap

Every summer it seems England have a new opener, Compton, Carberry, Lyth. Im sure was a lad called Robson playing last year

Need find a player and stick with him for 5-8 tests as chopping and changing is not helping anybody and puts more pressure on the players as seems a bad few tests and your gone

• Like 2

I'm with sticking with players but if they keep getting out the same way then theres obviously a problem. Do you work on it during a series, hoping you can correct it or do you want to try and win the ashes back. 

Ballance is opening now so whats the difference between him moving up to opener. I have said he bats at 5 for Yorkshire but needs must at times. 

on another note as seems gone under the radar the lad Nevill is having a solid debut for Australia, think Haddin might not get back into team if he is fit

Haddin won't get back in. 

I'd get that South African fella that nobody likes to open if it were me!

I get what people are saying about chopping and changing, giving people a chance etc, but sometimes it can be quite clear early on that a player isn't cut out for it.

If we want to be back up there with the best, they need to do something, because this top 4 cannot carry on as they are. It's going to cost us the series imo.

• Like 1

He hasn't played since he made that 300 has he?

Hasn't played since he was told he had no chance of playing. Again.

It was tongue in cheek, but seriously, it still pisses me off, especially when the top order is, let's face it, a bit turd.

He who shall not be named isn't really an opener, but he would be a huge improvement on Lyth.

Â