The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Our part time spinners took one half of the total wickets in the match for England. Yes Broad bowled ok the other three seamers were average. Wood can't play back to back test matches. His pace gets slower and slower. He is nothing unless he bowls flat out.  

yeah I saw Wood has only played 27 matches in 5 years for Durham so dont think he was capable

as for Finn, has he slept with somebody at ECB daughter? He has obviously pissed off somebody higher up the ladder 

yeah I saw Wood has only played 27 matches in 5 years for Durham so dont think he was capable

as for Finn, has he slept with somebody at ECB daughter? He has obviously pissed off somebody higher up the ladder 

Finn has lost a bit of pace to what he used to have. We haven't got a Starc or Johnson. You might be right about Anderson, he's showing signs of decline. Certainly if you compare this attack to the 2005 attack it doesn't have that variation or venom. 

Bowling stats for the series

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=9249;type=series

Edited by PaulC

Finn has lost a bit of pace to what he used to have. We haven't got a Starc or Johnson. You might be right about Anderson, he's showing signs of decline. Certainly if you compare this attack to the 2005 attack it doesn't have that variation or venom. 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=9249;type=series

Joe Root has got more wickets than Jimmy? Jesus christ.

Broad has come back well this series to be fair to him, Moeen has done ok.

Wood as has been said cannot play to back to back test matches and unfortunatly I think we are now seeing Jimmy Anderson on a decline, whilst Stokes is on merit for his batting at the moment his bowling has been piss poor.

We really do have a lack of options though when it comes to fast bowling options. Jordan isn't good enough, Woakes is only just coming back from injury, Finn has lost the extra bounce and pace he had in his early years and the likes of Plunkett and Rankin have missed their opportunity you feel.

From appalling to very average in just over half an hour? At that rate, by this time tomorrow, he'll be as good as Bradman.

I think he only gice england runs when there's no real pressure.

So i do think he's been appalling overall, yes.

He has made good scores, but when it matters, much like the rest of them, he chokes good and proper.

Edited by lapal_fan

From appalling to very average in just over half an hour? At that rate, by this time tomorrow, he'll be as good as Bradman.

I think he only gice england runs when there's no real pressure.

So i do think he's been appalling overall, yes.

He has made good scores, but when it matters, much like the rest of them, he chokes good and proper.

yes and against mediocre attacks. You need players at the top of the order who can play pace. 

• Like 1

Joe Root has got more wickets than Jimmy? Jesus christ.

Broad has come back well this series to be fair to him, Moeen has done ok.

Wood as has been said cannot play to back to back test matches and unfortunatly I think we are now seeing Jimmy Anderson on a decline, whilst Stokes is on merit for his batting at the moment his bowling has been piss poor.

We really do have a lack of options though when it comes to fast bowling options. Jordan isn't good enough, Woakes is only just coming back from injury, Finn has lost the extra bounce and pace he had in his early years and the likes of Plunkett and Rankin have missed their opportunity you feel.

Yes and they make out spin the problem when it really isn't. Ok we don't have a Swann any more but its as much the seamers that is the problem. 

Balance should be dropped (at a minimum) if England want to have a chance. Also whoever is telling the groundsmen how to prepare the pitches should be hung.

Strauss? 

Yeah I was gonna say, I thought it was Strauss. Maybe needs a rethink. We need wickets that are going to offer some movement.

• Like 1

Does anyone think we should give Adil Rashid a go?  He will bowl some bad balls and could be expensive but I could see him talking more wickets that Moeen.  More spin, drift and has that ball that goes the other way bringing in LBWs.  Got to take 20 wickets.

Taylor needs a call up after that knock surely.

One knock against medium quick bowlers doesn't prove a lot to be fair. Thats his first hundred of the season as well. Bairstow who averages 100 in first class cricket this season is more deserving really. 

Taylor needs a call up after that knock surely.

One knock against medium quick bowlers doesn't prove a lot to be fair. Thats his first hundred of the season as well. Bairstow who averages 100 in first class cricket this season is more deserving really. 

Defo.

People need to be careful about who gets chosen because it really depends on who they've been facing.

It can also make people such as Gary Ballance look good.

Does anyone think we should give Adil Rashid a go?  He will bowl some bad balls and could be expensive but I could see him talking more wickets that Moeen.  More spin, drift and has that ball that goes the other way bringing in LBWs.  Got to take 20 wickets.

Who knows, but the fact he would have been selected for Lords because Moeen had a side strain, then said he couldn't play because of a minor finger abrasion, yet is playing for Yorskshire now did not impress the england selectors. Moeen then has to play despite not being fit shows his character. They will stick with Moeen. 

Â