The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

What was I saying about the top order dilemma that England have been having for far too long now? Nasser Hussain was on about it yesterday before the toss. England top order have a habit of losing 3 quick wickets and the reliance on Joe Root, like Ian Bell in the last home ashes, is going to be telling.

We simply HAVE to sort this top order out!

Lyth will be replaced before the end of this series.

Who do you think comes in for him Paul? Will they rejig the order and get Bairstow in (with Ballance opening possibly?), or do you think they'll bring a proper opening bat in? I've heard Hales' name mentioned.

Dobell talked about promoting Moeen or moving Ballance up to open. Guess they would like to have Root open but he's too valuable in the middle order. Hales has done well this season but I don't think he's a test opener. Guess they could bring in yet another yorkshireman like Bairstow but it doesn't solve the top order problem. Bell out now. Forget it have Wood as opener. 

• Like 1

Did the Aussies swap the track whilst we weren't looking? :(

I think the calls for Lyth to get the chop are a little premature. He's only in his fourth test.

If he keeps getting out the same way though he wont last long

This is the 9th time, yes NINTH time England have suffered a top order collapse in 2015.

I don't know that losing two early wickets counts as a 'top order collapse' (2nd innings first test v NZ Lord's as per BBC 'stat').

Â