The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

I can hear the crowd really well in my garden and I'm about half a mile away. Must be deafening at the ground.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in work and not seen or heard any of it yet. BBC are saying it's mental in the ground. Crowd roaring them on. That's why I love Edgbaston!

• Like 1

BBC

14:54

One thing which has struck me today is how the Edgbaston crowd has become a part of this Test. I hate that "12th man" saying but there is no other way to describe it today. Australia must feel like they've been thrown into a coliseum against these English lions such is the cacophony of noise generated by each wicket, nibble outside off stump and leading edge. Adam Lyth almost gets himself on the scorecard in Jimmy's 11th over but the ball falls just short at fourth slip.

Fisrt four days are sellout so bad for Warwickshire if this finishes before Saturday

Especially after the 2009 Ashes test being a wash out. Every big pay day helps pay back the loan!

Yep so much better than Ballance at 3, in terms of tempo.

As he ought to be. Bell's a class batsman who has been largely out of form for the last what - couple of years?

It is interesting that his overall record says he averages a fair bit more at 5 and 6 - I can't see any reason why that should be the case, really.

Did he bat at 3 a lot early on in his career and then get dropped down to 5/6?

Â