The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Thought I'd separate from the general cricket thread as everyone knows the Ashes is much more important than 'regular' cricket.

Having seen the highlights of the press conference earlier my absolute despair of Cook as captain peaked, he looked completely flat, uninspiring and scared of what lay ahead. The lack of character frightens me.

Predictions then people?

think Australia 3-1 for me and heard Siddle and Johnson arent guaranteed starts is quite scary to see what bowling they have. Should be good series though. Smith 4.5 times money to be Aussie top scorer in 1st test

Sadly in work for most of games, anybody know anywhere showing highlights tomorrow?

think Australia 3-1 for me and heard Siddle and Johnson arent guaranteed starts is quite scary to see what bowling they have. Should be good series though. Smith 4.5 times money to be Aussie top scorer in 1st test

Sadly in work for most of games, anybody know anywhere showing highlights tomorrow?

Channel 5 from 7PM I believe. Hard one to call really, I also worry that Cook will drag the enthusiasm out of what we've built in the last few weeks.

2-1 Australia. Possibly 3-1. Australia's bowling attack, and our problems dismissing the Australian middle order will tell. I can see it being fairly close, but ultimately the Aussies will have too much. 

Oh and please don't comment, if you've nothing to say other than, "cricket is rubbish". Stevo, I'm looking in your direction... :P  

Thanks.

Edited by dAVe80

2-1 Australia. Possibly 3-1. Australia's bowling attack, and our problems dismissing the Australian middle order will tell. I can see it being fairly close, but ultimately the Aussies will have too much. 

England have always seemed have a problem with this. Haddin last few times has caused trouble then was Hussey and Symonds in the past and even players like Lee and Warne could stick around for ages to frustrate England

England have always seemed have a problem with this. Haddin last few times has caused trouble then was Hussey and Symonds in the past and even players like Lee and Warne could stick around for ages to frustrate England

We had Australia in a very good position, on two or three occasions during the last Ashes in Aus, only for Haddin and co to take it away from us. It was a real issue for us last time, and unfortunately it could be again. 

Anyone hear Bob Willis on Radio 4 this morning. The topic was sledging and he singled out Warner and Haddin as the main culprits on the Aussie side. I'm sure we have 'em too but quite unusual to actually name names - good on him (and he did play for Warks !!)

Anyone hear Bob Willis on Radio 4 this morning. The topic was sledging and he singled out Warner and Haddin as the main culprits on the Aussie side. I'm sure we have 'em too but quite unusual to actually name names - good on him (and he did play for Warks !!)

Many would say he played for England and turned up for Warks ;)

Australia win. The relative low key build up indicates the mood I think although clashing with Wimbledon and playing in facking Cardiff again dosen't help either.

Just don't see enough options to continually bowl Australia out if Anderson isn't firing. Broad has been in decline for a while and no spin option to speak of.

People were saying this in 2005 and 2009 aswell but look at the bowling options back then to now.

Edited by VillaChris

Down with all this negative stuff!

I think we've got a chance but we'll have to play at our best.
We need to hope that some of the good things that we've seen from the likes of Wood and Buttler happen consistently and that our top players (Cook, Root, Anderson, &c.) perform as they should. If Bell could pull his finger out, too, that would be handy. ;)

Need to find a way to stop Smith scoring and we need to put loads of pressure on Clarke.

But yes, I could see us getting a hiding - I just hope not.

We are good at home, that red ball will swing.

Clark saying saying that Johnson is bowling quicker than ever, and swinging it. Alright Michael, we'll see.

2-1 England, get your money on.

• Like 1

Let's smash the leather-skinned squinty-eyed bastards

No offence to our VT Villa Aussies (but you're gonna get hammered).

I hope.

• Like 2

When was the last time we lost to the Aussies at home.

Think we can win this. The Aussies are very reliant on smith and there two left arm seamers. Our big players like cook, bell, root, and Anderson need good series.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â