Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

29 minutes ago, poitier said:

He did well defensively tonight, nothing going forward though.

People don't realise - not saying you personally - how much Ayew helps in that aspect of our play. Kodjia tonight just didn't help enough and when JA did get forward Kodjia ignored him

18 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Awful. Not for the first time. Must have given it away 20 times. Needless as well.

This belief that he's a decent player and has ever shown it, is one of the biggest villa myths I've ever known. 

Lol.

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Awful. Not for the first time. Must have given it away 20 times. Needless as well.

This belief that he's a decent player and has ever shown it, is one of the biggest villa myths I've ever known. 

Who did you watch first half? He was rock solid for the first 45 minutes and nervy and beatable for the second 45.

By "given it away" are you referring to the hacked clearances he made? If so, what would you have done in the same situations? Dribble your way out of the box? He had a Jekyll and Hyde game but wasn't the worst player by far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Who did you watch first half? He was rock solid for the first 45 minutes and nervy and beatable for the second 45.

By "given it away" are you referring to the hacked clearances he made? If so, what would you have done in the same situations? Dribble your way out of the box? He had a Jekyll and Hyde game but wasn't the worst player by far. 

I never said he was the worst. And no I'm not talking about the hacked clearances. He gave it away in silly positions too on Saturday.

The first half wasn't as bad but it was still full of mistakes. He did well to save his own skin with a tackle when ball watching and out of position. His ridiculous decision making to try and dribble past 3 players on the half way led to the Howson shot I believe.

He really isn't very good.

WoodyTom, I never said that you said that he was the worst! 

He was probably our best player first half but struggled second half by trying to be too smart. He's a decent enough footballer and has a touch of class about him that sets him apart from most of our defenders, if not all. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

WoodyTom, I never said that you said that he was the worst! 

He was probably our best player first half but struggled second half by trying to be too smart. He's a decent enough footballer and has a touch of class about him that sets him apart from most of our defenders, if not all. 

We will have to disagree. For me Chester, despite being poor recently.... has a touch of class that none of our defenders have.

Amavi is just naive if you ask me. 

6 hours ago, Woodytom said:

fishing

• Like 1

so awful that Marseille have apparently met with his agent twice with a view of signing him in Jan, but he is holding for a prem move so say the online dirt rags, but it wouldn't surprise me if true.

do people want to go back to the headless penalty causing tank that is Cissokho?

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hard to see how his value has increase from when we signed him. He's pretty good, premier league standard, but not that good. 

It's about his value to US and how much we would have to get an equal or better replacement.

• Like 2

He's easily a premier league footballer in my opinion, at the beginning of last season, he was brilliant. He's probably not fully up to speed yet after the serious injury he had. He could be an outstanding footballer for us and France

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's easily a premier league footballer in my opinion, at the beginning of last season, he was brilliant. He's probably not fully up to speed yet after the serious injury he had. He could be an outstanding footballer for us and France

He was flawed, you could see potential, but he made a few mistakes and was caught out a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was flawed, you could see potential, but he made a few mistakes and was caught out a lot. 

Agreed but he's still young and learning :) I have a feeling that in 5 years or so, he'll be fantastic, hopefully at this football club

• Like 1

Â