Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

His best game since the injury by a distance. The got by him once or twice, but that's why you have more than one defender on the pitch isn't it? They threw almost every attack down his side, they targeted him and he did a bloody good job of holding it together under very difficult circumstances. 

I have been worried he'd never come back from it, but I'm glad to see progress at last. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I have to say I am not 100% impressed. he is willing to get on the ball but he is weak positionally and defensively and his confidence and speed on the ball is not the same as last season. maybe its rustiness but if somebody came in for a bid in January I might want to sell him

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have to say I am not 100% impressed. he is willing to get on the ball but he is weak positionally and defensively and his confidence and speed on the ball is not the same as last season. maybe its rustiness but if somebody came in for a bid in January I might want to sell him

I wouldn't sell him but agree with your assessment of him. Definitely does need more time, hard to get over such an horrific injury. 

The safety first tactics aren't allowing him to get forward much, it would be fine for Cissokho but I'd rather have Amavi in the team any day.

He came up with some good headers when defending crosses in the box late on which I was impressed with.

Don't see the point of selling him, he seems happy here and is still playing for France under 21s.

He's also one of the few we have who I think would be comfortable in the premier league should we get back there quickly.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

The safety first tactics aren't allowing him to get forward much, it would be fine for Cissokho but I'd rather have Amavi in the team any day.

it doesnt stop bloody Hutton

• Like 1

My sister loves him and she doesn't talk about defenders very much, that says something to me. I still think he's got a rick in him myself and I worry about it constantly, but when he's good he's very very good.

He has been targeted these last few games, mostly because he has had either Ayew, Grealish or Kodjia in front of him who are all very attack minded. Ayew is a grafter and helps him out a bit but is tactically naive, the other two are mavericks, particularly Kodjia who does whatever he wants. He's stood up to it well I reckon despite my fears, he's a good full back all told. 

• Like 2

i thought he would be better personally.. dont think hes quite hit his straps yet. Needs a bit more time.. but i am not sure he will ever recapture some of his earlier form before his injury. 

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 03:16, Zatman said:

I wouldn't sell him.

We have a quality defender..

Liverpool were sniffing around him when he got injured so tells you something.

For me he is one of the best LB's we have had since Wilfred Bouma.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't sell him.

We have a quality defender..

Liverpool were sniffing around him when he got injured so tells you something.

For me he is one of the best LB's we have had since Wilfred Bouma.

Totally agree with this, I think people forget how young he is or aren't watching the whole 90 mins. You can tell he loves being here aswell by his twitter ect, talk of selling him is ludicrous. 

• Like 1

Â