Dennis Praet

PieFacE

Young Jack must be beginning to question his position at the club at this rate...

He's a kid.
he's just 2 years younger than Tout
They also play in completely different parts of the pitch, so I'm not sure your point?

Kid or not, Grealish is probably the first name on the teamsheet.

My point is, any additional midfielder makes Jacks status as an automatic starter less automatic.

How is that when Grealish is not a midfielder?

I still think we need another centre mid and this guy can play there.

Gueye Veretout

Praet

Shouldn't really effect jack as he will be classed as one of the forward 3.

But neither gueye or Veretout are going to sit. Veretout gets forward and gueye is box to box. If we bring in another midfield player it should be to replace Westwood or Sanchez.

Gueye Veretout

Praet

But neither gueye or Veretout are going to sit. Veretout gets forward and gueye is box to box. If we bring in another midfield player it should be to replace Westwood or Sanchez.

Or just all out attack.

Certainly be entertaining

Gueye Veretout

Praet

Or just all out attack.

Certainly be entertaining

Why cant it be

---------Gay------Veretout---------

Gil-----------praet-----------Grealish

--------------Striker----------------------

with the 3 floating/interchanging when in possession? Amavi to provide width down the left. We might get destroyed on the counter though :D but sherwood doesnt care about defence lol

+

i dont think i want Grealish to start every game this season or be the main creativity man all the time. They get burnt out quite often. It seems to have hindered januzaj everyone putting so much pressure on him. And he played quite a bit on the left last season drifting in, right?

*must learn how to spell Gay name :D *

Leaves Ayew/gabby/sinclair/westwood/sanchez/bacuna to fight for places on the bench

Sherwood wants Gil to play behind the striker, not on the wing. And only one striker means a lot of time sat on the bench for Ayew/Gestede/Adebayor (if happening). I'm not saying your formation won't happen, only that we're looking at a lot of players with very limited game time. 

Gueye was a defensive midfielder until last season!

He was yeah but he excelled further up the field.

He can most definitely play there but I don't think he will. That'll be Sanchez or Westwood.

Didn't Sherwood or the player say he has been brought in as a box to box midfielder? Can't see him playing DM unless switched mid game for cover. Not even sure we will play an out and out DM even with 3 in the middle most of the time. 2 CM's when one goes forward the other holds and an AM in front.

I think we need some continuity from last season and for me Westwood should start as our DM with Gueye and Veretout replacing Delph and Cleverley from last season and either Gil or Grealish behind the two strikers. 

• Like 2

Which we can have we Praet in front of Gueye and Veretout

What's wrong with Gil or Grealish playing there? IMO we don't need Praet unless we are looking to play him out wide up top in a 4-3-3 or out wide in a 4-5-1. IMO at the moment the AM position is covered by probably our 2 most creative players. Both will rotate and get game time hopefully and at I'm sure at times both will sit out to accommodate a more defensive midfield when required or for a second striker. A third AM will just cause unrest in the long term if you ask me. 

Don't get me wrong, if we could get Praet as replacement for Nzog I would be happy as I think the kid is the real deal, however I don't want it to be detrimental to Grealish or Gil who I think will have a great season if fit and picked. 

Young Jack must be beginning to question his position at the club at this rate...

He's a kid.
he's just 2 years younger than Tout
They also play in completely different parts of the pitch, so I'm not sure your point?

Kid or not, Grealish is probably the first name on the teamsheet.

My point is, any additional midfielder makes Jacks status as an automatic starter less automatic.

How is that when Grealish is not a midfielder?

He's not?

All this time i was convinced he was an attacking midfielder

Veretout is touted (cough) as versatile enough to play as an attacking MF...Praet certainly is, and that was my point, here in the Praet thread, that Jack, if he thinks the club are still looking at Praet, might feel a bit threatened.

Veretout is touted (cough) as versatile enough to play as an attacking MF...Praet certainly is, and that was my point, here in the Praet thread, that Jack, if he thinks the club are still looking at Praet, might feel a bit threatened.

By who?

Tenuous link to Praet has gone away. Though I must have misunderstood your initial post.

After all these awesome signings that have basically stunned us all, i wouldn't be surprised if we sign him at this point!

I wouldn't say no! If we did I do understand your point about Jack, but I would imagine that he is fully aware how big into him Sherwood is.

If anything I think Gil's repatriation into the squad killed this deal.

Â