Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could be wrong but don't think he's scored past the second round in the knock out  in any international tournament he's played in.

I think they'd have struggled to get out of some of the group stages (e.g. Euro 08) without his goals to be fair. 9 goals in international tournaments isn't exactly a bad return, certainly better than a lot of England players. 

I'm not saying he's a really good player or anything but has certainly done well given his obvious limitations. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

he started out really young when Germany were not at a strong place, think was about 2004 he made his debut plus only since about 2010 that Reus, Gotze, Ozil and Muller came on the scene to show how limited he actually is

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Masuaku. Looks like Aly Cissokho's less talented brother.

I said it on opening night vs Chelsea he reeks of a panic buy and defensively all over the place

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This Calleri guy looks garbage.

Agreed, seems to have an unjustifiably 'big' reputation. His goal-scoring record is hardly good outside of a loan spell in Brazil. I guess he's still dining out on that 'rabona' goal he scored a last year.

25 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Really? I don't think Danny Rose is anything like being rubbish. He is a very decent left back. God what I'd give to have him at the Villa.

I think he's the weak link in the Spurs side. Decent going forward, but defensively I think he is weak. He ball watches and get exposed with any ball over the top.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think he's the weak link in the Spurs side. Decent going forward, but defensively I think he is weak. He ball watches and get exposed with any ball over the top.

Seems to be almost every full back in the country gets accused of being great going forward but weak at the back. Kyle Walker gets that, Amavi too. In fact even Patrice Evra. 

I don't think he is great but he certainly doesn't fall into the 'rubbish' bracket.

Edited by One For The Road

Â