Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

General question but why is Immobile so bad outside of Italian soil? As much as It's the annual call half the England side completely overrated hours after losing in major tournament looking at posts above, he gave the worst performance by a mile of the 22 players out on the pitch.

I've watched him plenty for Lazio and while he's not world class he's a decent enough striker for top 6 team. Can score headers, plays off shoulder of last defender, o.k link up play etc.

His goal record in Serie A from 2017 season is 29 goals in 33 games, 15 goals in 36, 36 goals in 37 games in 19/20! And last season a pretty good 20 goals in 35 games. As a disclaimer Lazio seem to get more penalties in seasons than even Man. United.

He also scored 22 in 33 for Torino in 13/14.

However....3 goals in 24 games for Dortmund and then just 2 goals in 8 games for Sevilla the following season so he went to two very good european teams and did little.

Even this tournament he started well and scored in first 2 games but really bad in knock out rounds. Is it a mental thing, he needs to be at home and feeling love of the crowd?

Exacty and his decent manager brought him off after an hour as was doing sod all. Can you imagine that happening with Kane? 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ryan Fraser looks like he is taking dietary advice from his manager

On that Ross McCormack deal that kid. A bit of the old Joleon Lescott contract.

If you know what I mean.

The old Habib Beye.

If you know what I mean.

The old Nicky Shorey.

If you get what I am saying.

The five years one. Or the last long termer you are going to get at the big club.

If you see where I am getting at.

The one where you can really put your feet up and chill.

The old Bobby Pires.

If you catch my drift.

The only basically where you do **** all knowing you are getting a pay day all through your final years at the top.

Abhorrent 'impact' sub today.

• Haha 1

On 15/08/2021 at 12:42, rodders0223 said:

Sterling.

This bloke runs into defenders like a dog repeatedly running into patio doors.

Stop dribbling with the ball and shooting. You're no good at it.

Stop doing anything with the ball other than arriving late and tapping in sitters.

I’m the opposite and don’t get why people think this. The lad is quality and he’s proven it time and time again. Was basically the reason England got anywhere at the Euros.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m the opposite and don’t get why people think this. The lad is quality and he’s proven it time and time again. Was basically the reason England got anywhere at the Euros.  

I do find it hard to understand how people can think a player who has nearly 100 Premier League goals is rubbish. Grealish would love those numbers. 

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I do find it hard to understand how people can think a player who has nearly 100 Premier League goals is rubbish. Grealish would love those numbers. 

For me, I don't think he's rubbish, just largely headless when he has the ball. 

Great at reading where to be for a tap in, skillful, but dribbles blindly into positions that shut down a lot of options. IMO a good* player wouldn't do it as often as Sterling does.

*based on the everyfan 5-point player rating scale of shit, alright, good, top-top, world class.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He is like an improved Anwar, scores goals but can go missing, can be headless and wouldnt trust him with big chances

Troglodyte Deeney, the latest in a long line of small heath "saviours" (AKA looking for a last payday, and at that shit-hole it can't be much).

On 29/08/2021 at 13:36, rodders0223 said:

Ryan Christie. Row Z merchant who couldn't control a bag of cement .

Left the mighty Celtic to join a championship club

Edited by Xela

I don't think he's actually rubbish, but the commentators in the Hungary-England game seemed to be making the classic mistake of assuming that because Szoboszlai is Hungary's best player, he must therefore be a real challenge for England. Suffice to say he did absolutely nothing except waste two free kicks.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think he's actually rubbish, but the commentators in the Hungary-England game seemed to be making the classic mistake of assuming that because Szoboszlai is Hungary's best player, he must therefore be a real challenge for England. Suffice to say he did absolutely nothing except waste two free kicks.

in his defence its only his 3rd start since December

Â