Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 10/04/2024 at 06:51, mottaloo said:

He irritates the feck out of me

Him, Carragher, and to a lesser degree Henry are very annoying. I don't know how Abdo puts up with the constant joking and falling all over each other at the slightest hint of something funny (or not!) Richards is usually the instigator. 

I see similar explosions of group laughter when I watch the Overlap. An intensity of laughter completely out of scale with what is supposedly funny as they grab each other and slide all over the place. I suppose there's an audience for that kind of inane banter and theatrics.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

He strikes me as a modern day Kriss Akabusi. The joker, jester, the fool, the funny guy with the loud laugh. Offers nothing in the way of punditry.

• Like 1

Just now, stuart_75 said:

He strikes me as a modern day Kriss Akabusi. The joker, jester, the fool, the funny guy with the loud laugh. Offers nothing in the way of punditry.

That's exactly what they are paying him for, "banter". He's not there to add anything intelligent. 

All of this talk about his punditry skills takes me back to the same question from the media and punditry thread - 

Why the **** do people watch the pre game and post game bollocks? 

Tune in at kick off, do something else at half time (I genuinely would rather watch 15 mins of adverts) switch if off at full time 

It's madness that people complain but then still watch it

MOTD to a lesser extent I can understand but this I really can't, you don't have to do it to yourself 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

All of this talk about his punditry skills takes me back to the same question from the media and punditry thread - 

Tune in at kick off, do something else at half time (I genuinely would rather watch 15 mins of adverts) switch if off at full time 

It's madness that people complain but then still watch it

MOTD to a lesser extent I can understand but this I really can't, you don't have to do it to yourself 

It's another symptom of TV dying, especially with so many good youtubers doing pre game shows or game commentary. You can pick who you like. 

Very soon TV stations will realise paying Micah Richards god knows how much a year does not make much sense. 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's emblematic of the new breed of idiot-pundit, no longer employed for their experience or insight, but instead for their comedic value.

He is at once a crap pundit, a poor former player, an unpleasant human being and a symbol for the decaying standards in broadcasting and the lack of intelligent comment in public life. 

I hope he bursts off the scene as soon as is humanly possible.

Exactly this.

He’s the epitome of the ongoing and systematic dumbing-down of media to make it more appealing to an increasingly inattentive audience

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's emblematic of the new breed of idiot-pundit, no longer employed for their experience or insight, but instead for their comedic value.

He is at once a crap pundit, a poor former player, an unpleasant human being and a symbol for the decaying standards in broadcasting and the lack of intelligent comment in public life.

The rise of the idiots

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is he an unpleasant person @OutByEaster??

in fairness, Tommy Jordan who is one of those people at Villa Park who you can generally trust for an honest opinion had nothing but good things to say about Micah's attitude when he was at Villa, just that he was ruined by injuries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The rise of the idiots

Great column, but surely being appointed Director of Football at Manchester United is this guy's career high-point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't watch any of it, ever. I tune in for kickoff and turn over at halftime. Of course a lot of people, especially young people, don't actually watch the game at all and instead just tune in for the highlights and 10 minutes of 'banter' to see what happened. 

Â