Player of the season & Young Player of the Season

andykeenan

Clark for POTS. He was not only the most improved, but the most consistent as well. Apart from the Arsenal game, I can't think of an occasion when he played badly. By contrast, both Delph and Benteke were indifferent for significant periods of time at the end of Lambert's reign (although thank God they both had a storming finish). I feel so happy about the improvements Clark, and Baker as well, have made this season.

Okore for YPOTS. A season is nine months, not two months. Until the Soton game, Okore was our player with the highest WhoScored rating and had had a generally excellent season. He looked tired at the weekend, but he'll be back and will be a key player for us going forward. Grealish is basically a certainty for this award next season (if he stays fit). 

• Like 2

I hope it doesn't go to Benteke. He only showed up about 10 games ago for whatever reason, and he's already an established PL star with no need for any more pats on the back from Villa fans.

Mind you if he signed a new contract I'd give him POTS without hesitation :)

• Like 1

I hope it doesn't go to Benteke. He only showed up about 10 games ago for whatever reason, and he's already an established PL star with no need for any more pats on the back from Villa fans.

Mind you if he signed a new contract I'd give him POTS without hesitation :)

Haha, yeah, maybe he's silently put getting POTS as a condition for signing, in which case I'd vote for him too. :)

Clark for POTS. He was not only the most improved, but the most consistent as well. Apart from the Arsenal game, I can't think of an occasion when he played badly. By contrast, both Delph and Benteke were indifferent for significant periods of time at the end of Lambert's reign (although thank God they both had a storming finish). I feel so happy about the improvements Clark, and Baker as well, have made this season.

Okore for YPOTS. A season is nine months, not two months. Until the Soton game, Okore was our player with the highest WhoScored rating and had had a generally excellent season. He looked tired at the weekend, but he'll be back and will be a key player for us going forward. Grealish is basically a certainty for this award next season (if he stays fit).

I agree with the Clark/Benteke part, and if I was consistent, I'd vote for someone else than Jack for young POTS, but I'm not! I'm a fan, so I vote for Clark and Grealish!

Benteke & Grealish

Might not be fair if you look at the entire season, but they've been instrumental during the run-in and our rise in form.

Also I think it would mean a lot to a Villa fan like Grealish

Edited by sne

Hmmm - no votes for Richardson yet?

Benteke - for the goals that have kept us up, though Delph pushes close.

Grealish - for the excitement.  My youngest pretends to be him when he's playing - praise indeed.

Â