Witcher 3

lapal_fan

Finished this a few weeks ago but keep coming back to just roam around finding places I missed or doinh quests that I haven't finished. Brilliant game this. And an amazing setting. Just so relaxing riding around or treasure hunting (really liked the solitude at Kaer Morhen) or somesuch. Amazing game. Need to get the DLC I think.

54 minutes ago, daft said:

Finished this a few weeks ago but keep coming back to just roam around finding places I missed or doinh quests that I haven't finished. Brilliant game this. And an amazing setting. Just so relaxing riding around or treasure hunting (really liked the solitude at Kaer Morhen) or somesuch. Amazing game. Need to get the DLC I think.

I'm debating getting the DLC myself but not sure whether to go back or not. I finished the main story and a lot of the side stuff, I still had quite a few witcher contracts to do but I feel like I stopped at the right time. It might have started to become a grind after 80 odd hours so unsure whether to go back.

I read that there is another big patch inbound for this? I'm kind of glad I didn't pick it up on release and haven't since, I'd really like to play it complete with all the DLC and all the problems ironed out in the inevitable GOTY edition. Might be some time off though, I understand, but I barely have enough time to play what I want to right now as it is anyway.

Edited by hogso

There are quite a few bugs, but I haven't found any that are more than a minor inconvenience. The horse thing was the worst but that was only temporary.

None of it has spoiled my enjoyment of the game at all.

The controls are the worst thing about the game, but that won't be changed, and again they're nowhere near bad enough to take any enjoyment out of the game. Just irritating enough to make you say "what the ****?" a few times when you're trying to mount your horse but keep on igniting and extinguishing a candle instead.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

80 hours?

I reckon I'm not a million miles away from 80 hours already and I'm still in Valen.

May have been closer to 100, not really sure.

I would say that you are in danger of becoming bored of the game before exploring the delights of the rest of the map if you are 80 hours in and haven't even left Velen yet. I wouldn't say I ploughed through the game and by the end I had done most things apart from the contracts.

52 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

May have been closer to 100, not really sure.

I would say that you are in danger of becoming bored of the game before exploring the delights of the rest of the map if you are 80 hours in and haven't even left Velen yet. I wouldn't say I ploughed through the game and by the end I had done most things apart from the contracts.

Maybe. I'm nowhere near being bored yet. If I start getting bored I'll just fly through the story. But can't see it happening yet.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I haven't played this game but I saw a video on YouTube about all the little Easter eggs and references to other TV shows/Films. 

Have any of you guys come across them?

Yep. Only really one that I've noticed. There have probably been others that have gone over my head.

In the baron's house I was walking down a corridor and heard two guards talking

"Bring out the Gimp."

"I think the Gimp's sleeping."

"Well, I guess you'll have to go wake him up now, won't you?"

Edited by Stevo985

i dunno, for as good as the setting is for skellige the frustration of the mountains and the islands IMO comes at the wrong time, i put in around 200 hours by the end i think and most of the time i just couldn't be arsed trying to find my way round there

A game as huge, densely populated and with as much detail and variety as this one is always going to have its bugs.

Really need to get back on this, I didn't really give it much of a chance. Think I might go back to it after I'm done with FFVII.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Why have you got a PS4 ban lapal_fan?

. My L33T hax.

Not really.  I felt like I was playing it every night, and my wife agreed so I'm having a month off just to see if I can.  I did switch it on last night because it was 9.30 and my wife was asleep on, but I just downloaded the new games, very tempted though :)

I get annoyed and loud and it's embarrassing when you're nearly 29 :lol:

Edited by lapal_fan

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

So it's like a dry month, of gaming. Hard times man. I only really get to game from 3-5 now, I miss late night sessions too.

Especially with a nipper, got to take a back seat some day, right? :)

Â