Witcher 3

lapal_fan

it reaches a point where you can learn enough to get by for a good portion and then it gets really good, the full battle options, like the oils etc i struggled to be bothered with

cant remember who said it but they were right in that its hard to pick it back up, i put around 200 hours in to it and put it down for MGS5 and now im struggling, was tempted earlier to pick up the expansion

and im sure it was gareth who said gwent early and gwent often, not a spoiler as such but i can tell you the baron has a missable gwent card so you need to be in to it by then

Played a few games of Gwent already.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah and that means ignoring me-_-

Sorry bro! Messaged you back today. Had left the PS4 on and was watching a film by the time you messaged so wasn't ignoring you :)

I thought they were just fine once I got used to them, as with most games really. Then again, I'm a very primitive gamer.

Compared to Dragon Age, which I played most recently, the controls in Witcher are f***ing amazing. 

Meh, I think they're pretty gash.

Enjoying the game though. Hasn't really hooked me yet, and I'm still completely overwhelmed by the amount of menus, quests, potions, oils etc etc but I'm getting there.

But yeah, controls are the biggest thing hindering it at the moment. 

You do get your eye in with the controls eventually.

IIRC one of the patches added an alternative control style for movement, which might be worth a look.

It's a fantastic game, but certainly one that you have to look past more than a few flaws.

Quick question guys.

I read in this thread something about if you advance the story when you haven't done certain quests you can't go back to complete them. Is that true?

I'm doing plenty of sidequests, but in my head I was thinking if I miss some I can always come back and sweep them up after, like you would do in GTA or RDR. That possible?

I actually had a quest randomly pop up and said I'd failed. Wasn't from progressing the story, just a quest I wasn't currently tracking. Weird.

Anyway, getting into this now. I still think the controls are pretty awful, but I can't really put the game down. And all I'm doing is wandering around investigating "points of interest" :)

How do I not miss the Baron's Gwent card then?

Meeting him is my next main quest, but obviously I can delay it for probably months by doing all the side quests and points of interest if needs be :D

Also, the "collect them all" gwent quest. Is that every gwent card in the game? Like any merchant who sells gwent cards, I have to buy/win them all? Or is it just th eunique ones like the Yennefer card?

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How do I not miss the Baron's Gwent card then?

Meeting him is my next main quest, but obviously I can delay it for probably months by doing all the side quests and points of interest if needs be :D

Also, the "collect them all" gwent quest. Is that every gwent card in the game? Like any merchant who sells gwent cards, I have to buy/win them all? Or is it just th eunique ones like the Yennefer card?

This page is a useful reference:

https://www.vg247.com/2015/05/29/the-witcher-3-how-to-get-every-gwent-card-collect-em-all/

And this checklist is very handy:

http://gwentcards.com/checklist.html

• Like 1

Completely hooked now. The game says I've put in 30 hours since I started it (New years Eve). Can't quite believe that, but it's a lot. Gutted I didn't get to it sooner as I'd love another few days off work to plough some more time into it.

Spending a lot of time just roaming around and doing random tasks. Means I've covered a lot of the map but not levelled up much. I've just met Rob from VillaTalk and beat him at cards.

I did every point of interest in the area you start in, apart from one "abandoned site" which I think is bugged.

Loving it.

Also loving playing cards. Gwent specifically.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Completely hooked now. The game says I've put in 30 hours since I started it (New years Eve). Can't quite believe that, but it's a lot. Gutted I didn't get to it sooner as I'd love another few days off work to plough some more time into it.

Spending a lot of time just roaming around and doing random tasks. Means I've covered a lot of the map but not levelled up much. I've just met Rob from VillaTalk and beat him at cards.

I did every point of interest in the area you start in, apart from one "abandoned site" which I think is bugged.

Loving it.

Also loving playing cards. Gwent specifically.

Sounds like a game I'd love. Might pick this up at some point.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're still on the first map? As in White Orchard? 

That's crazy if you've played 100 hours. What have you been doing all that time? :)

The map expands out and encompasses some of the other regions shown on the world map. I believe the place over the sea (sounds a bit vikingy) has its own separate map, although I've not been there yet. In games like this I tend to do all the side content before progressing the main story. And I've played a lot of Gwent.

Â