Witcher 3

lapal_fan

Yeah, like that.

I do find it a bit weird though. You can be doing a quest, like "Follow Triss" and be walking right behind her. Then you can think, actually I need to replenish.

So you meditate for 2 hours and when you wake up you're at exactly the same point in the quest with Triss walking right in front of you :D

Bit weird. I know, it's a game. But still.

On 13 January 2016 at 14:35, sexbelowsound said:

I haven't played this game but I saw a video on YouTube about all the little Easter eggs and references to other TV shows/Films. 

Have any of you guys come across them?

There were two people in the Bloody Baron's area doing the Pulp Fiction gimp speech last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Risso said:

There were two people in the Bloody Baron's area doing the Pulp Fiction gimp speech last night.

I saw them too :)

I also heard a prossie reciting Madonna lyrics

Spent the evening handing the Gwent players of Velen their arses, and have built up a decent deck now.  Whack out the spy cards early on, lose the first round, then blitz them round 2 and 3, using the hero card to double one row, and the leader card to clear all weather effects if necessary.  It rarely loses.

Yep, pretty much how I do it. The clear weather card is essential.

Don't think I have that hero card that doubles a row yet, must have missed that one. need to sweep it up later.

I think I have a playable deck for everything except Monsters now. But Northern Realms remains the strongest deck

Northern Realms is my only playable deck, but what a deck! I've got three of those special double the row points cards, so a few players must give them out. Picture of a horn player on them anyway. I don't usually use the clear weather card as I have the Northern Realms leader card that can do it any time.  One of the other pack leaders can cancel this though, but haven't seen this more than once.

Ah yeah those ones. Yeah I've got them. You can also get cards that are like normal unit cards, but also do what the horn does. I thought you meant one of them.

The hardest decks to play against, I find, are monster decks. But once you have a scorch card or two they can be absolutely devastating against monster decks. So look out for them.

Yep, that's where a scorch card is great. It wipes out the highest scoring card on the board (including your cards so be careful).

But if there's more than one card with the same score, and they're the highest, it wipes them all out.

So if the monster player plays one of those and end up with 3 or 4 cards all with the same score, the scorch card wipes them all out. Very useful.

No nor do I. I just use the leader ability.

The only weather card I have in my deck is a couple of frost ones as I find the opposition tend to rely on close range cards a lot, especially the aforementioned Monsters.

That's another tip actually. You can get a Dragon card (I don't remember it's proper name). But it scores 7 points, and "scorches" the highest scoring opposition close range card as long as their close range units are over 10 points combined.

If you're playing someone like the monsters and they have loads of close ranged cards, a good strategy is to play your frost card, which gets them all down to 1 point (or two if they've played a horn), and then as long as they still add up to more than 10, your dragon scorch card thingamajig will wipe out the entire row.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No nor do I. I just use the leader ability.

The only weather card I have in my deck is a couple of frost ones as I find the opposition tend to rely on close range cards a lot, especially the aforementioned Monsters.

That's another tip actually. You can get a Dragon card (I don't remember it's proper name). But it scores 7 points, and "scorches" the highest scoring opposition close range card as long as their close range units are over 10 points combined.

If you're playing someone like the monsters and they have loads of close ranged cards, a good strategy is to play your frost card, which gets them all down to 1 point (or two if they've played a horn), and then as long as they still add up to more than 10, your dragon scorch card thingamajig will wipe out the entire row.

Have you done the gwent tournament yet?

That's when you become a real man.

The high stakes one? No. I'm going to try and get as many of the cards as I can before I do that.

I've done the one at the big party that you go to with Triss though.

I've done a shit load of gwenting. It'll be the first thing I do when I get to Skellige (still haven't gone there yet :D )

I'm determined to get every card. I'm fairly certain I've got all the missable ones so far, and a lot of the random ones you win/buy from merchants etc

Â