The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

*although as hinted at, it would be interesting to hear what the same people think of the appointment turn around time now

Population has increased over 10% since 2005 - I bet there isn't 10% more surgeries or hospital, or even doctors and nurses today. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Population has increased over 10% since 2005 - I bet there isn't 10% more surgeries or hospital, or even doctors and nurses today. 

The demographics will have shifted to an older population as well. It makes the NHS cuts during the austerity years seem even more reckless. 

• Like 1

Starmer was giving genuinely one of his best speeches at the TUC Congress meeting this morning only for it to be cut off by the BBC to go to HoC as they were talking about Cruella resigning. Very frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Starmer was giving genuinely one of his best speeches at the TUC Congress meeting this morning only for it to be cut off by the BBC to go to HoC as they were talking about Cruella resigning. Very frustrating. 

I’m sure he’s fine with the Tories stealing his thunder and using it to further destroy themselves.

In fact I bet he can’t believe his luck.

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Well, that was Labour's own fault. They were the ones that tabled the Special Question in the HoC over the Sue Ellen situation

• Like 1

I'm a Labour member and will vote for them, but it **** hurts. That Akehurst chap is on the NEC; for me he represents everything that is wrong with Labour. 

If there's ever anything he's on the side of, go the other way. Unless it's the **** tories. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

He's doing OK but pleading for a GE every second is not a good look.  Desperate to have a go on the Playstation.  He always does this,  even the LIB dem bloke is asking for a GE like eager for some crumbs of seats.  

He must agree that if Labour were in the same position as the Tories they would not have a GE with the polls in their current state.  

Just sell it like "Every day the Tories do more damage, when the GE arrives Labour will be ready,  we are ready now.  It will be a monumental task yo get Britain back on its feet but we are more and more ready for the task every day"

I just can't stand the pleading and the made up rubbish about what "Everyone" wants,  he doesn't know this.  Tactically,  he should say less and watch more until the Tories implode.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Braverman's real forenames are Sue Ellen. Suella is her own personal affectation

Wonder what inspired her to change it....

101 Dalmatians: Was Disney's Cruella de Vil Based on a Real Person?

Oh right, yeah. She admired her can do attitude in skinning refuge....I mean puppies. 

22 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He's doing OK but pleading for a GE every second is not a good look.  Desperate to have a go on the Playstation.  He always does this,  even the LIB dem bloke is asking for a GE like eager for some crumbs of seats.  

He must agree that if Labour were in the same position as the Tories they would not have a GE with the polls in their current state.  

Just sell it like "Every day the Tories do more damage, when the GE arrives Labour will be ready,  we are ready now.  It will be a monumental task yo get Britain back on its feet but we are more and more ready for the task every day"

I just can't stand the pleading and the made up rubbish about what "Everyone" wants,  he doesn't know this.  Tactically,  he should say less and watch more until the Tories implode.

The media narrative of constantly giving air time to opposition party members asking for a GE is so boring. Every member of an opposition will always want a GE and absolutely no one in power right now would grant one. It's a waste of air time and it could be much better spending detabing and highlight issues that are impacting people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

The media narrative of constantly giving air time to opposition party members asking for a GE is so boring. Every member of an opposition will always want a GE and absolutely no one in power right now would grant one. It's a waste of air time and it could be much better spending detabing and highlight issues that are impacting people.

Slightly different this time when you consider the polls. 

The country clearly have no faith or confidence in the tories. Its a disgrace that they get to keep doing what they're doing. 

On 20/10/2022 at 23:12, Anthony said:

I'm a Labour member and will vote for them, but it **** hurts. That Akehurst chap is on the NEC; for me he represents everything that is wrong with Labour. 

If there's ever anything he's on the side of, go the other way. Unless it's the **** tories. 

Yep, he’s a bellend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Slightly different this time when you consider the polls. 

The country clearly have no faith or confidence in the tories. Its a disgrace that they get to keep doing what they're doing. 

Different or not, still a pointless question. They won't allow a GE, no one would in that position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Different or not, still a pointless question. They won't allow a GE, no one would in that position.

Anyone who puts country before party would. Tories have rammed down our throats for years how patriotic they are so you'd expect them to be all over wanting a GE.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm not sure you can say that. 

Have we been in this sort of position before?

The government polling the lowest in God knows how many years. Multiple prime ministers being forced to resign, whilst the economy gets **** up. 

As Mark said, anyone who put country first should be calling a GE. 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure you can say that. 

Have we been in this sort of position before?

The government polling the lowest in God knows how many years. Multiple prime ministers being forced to resign, whilst the economy gets **** up. 

As Mark said, anyone who put country first should be calling a GE. 

The sad truth of politics. Parties will always put themselves before the greater good. This is true of both conservative and labour in my experience. Else they would on occasion find middle ground.

Has a snap election ever been called for a reason other than to capitalise on a majority from the incumbent party?

Â