The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

To be fair I'd be baying for blood if this was a Tory. Some other stuff has come up too which is more recent so he's been rightly suspended pending an investigation.

Although as time goes on you'll get more of these things happening as younger MPs have their online histories dug up.

In the context of stuff that actually matters though, this is pretty insignificant. Meanwhile a bloke starved to death because of the 6 week universal credit wait. This has come at a great time to deflect for the Tories.

36 minutes ago, darrenm said:

In the context of stuff that actually matters though, this is pretty insignificant. Meanwhile a bloke starved to death because of the 6 week universal credit wait. This has come at a great time to deflect for the Tories.

Day before yesterday I received a massive list of people that had supposedly perished within the Tory's privatised assessment systems.

Included were the circumstances in which they died.

It was the second time in the past couple of months I've felt like crying whilst reading.

The first time was in the Children's Room of the Genocide Museum in Kigali, Rwanda.

Obscene.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Day before yesterday I received a massive list of people that had supposedly perished within the Tory's privatised assessment systems.

Included were the circumstances in which they died.

It was the second time in the past couple of months I've felt like crying whilst reading.

The first time was in the Children's Room of the Genocide Museum in Kigali, Rwanda.

Obscene.

It puts things into perspective doesn't it. 

This MP has been a prat and if he holds these homophobic and misogynistic views then he will rightly be booted into touch. In the grand scheme of things though it matters very little and there are certainly far bigger things happening in politics worthy of discussion and headlines none more so that the one you have highlighted above.

56 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think you've fallen for the old misleading headline here, unless it's a different story.

The ITV story that's gained traction today speaks about a man dying in hunger, and makes that the headline and continues in that vane throughout most of the article. Then hidden towards the end of the article they say he died of natural causes.

The 6 week waiting time is a disgrace. His phone was cut off, and he was relying on charity from food banks to survive. This isn't unusual at all in Tory Britain, and tories should feel ashamed (but we know they won't - he died before he got a handout. Result!). But he didn't die of hunger.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you've fallen for the old misleading headline here, unless it's a different story.

The ITV story that's gained traction today speaks about a man dying in hunger, and makes that the headline and continues in that vane throughout most of the article. Then hidden towards the end of the article they say he died of natural causes.

The 6 week waiting time is a disgrace. His phone was cut off, and he was relying on charity from food banks to survive. This isn't unusual at all in Tory Britain, and tories should feel ashamed (but we know they won't - he died before he got a handout. Result!). But he didn't die of hunger.

Ah yes sorry, I just assumed it was similar to the story a couple of months back where someone had actually starved to death from being declared fit for work and had his benefit stopped.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly common.

6 weeks with no cash, and most food banks will only let people visit once or twice a week. You either starve, get lent money from friends/family, or start stealing to survive. 

I didn't want to make light of it by pointing out he didn't starve, just didn't want someone being able to throw 'fake news' in your face if you repeated it!

• Like 1

Do you guys have practice sessions or team talks each week? 

Say something bad about Labour. 

Right I need two in straight away to defend the situation

Then a couple of pictures or quotes of rich Tories

Then it's not as bad  as something the Tories are doing to poor people

Then the individual was a fool.

You don't do the same to the Tories.

A Tory screws up it's all Tories are uncaring Barstewards. Only looking after  their mates.

It seems this guy is a mysogenist, a racist and a homophobe. 

but all you want to do is discuss it's not as bad as the Torys.

I reckon Harvey Weinstein  wouldn't mind a few of you on his team

After all no poor person has died watching one of his films.

• Like 1

you are kinda right though it does seem  there is a central script that gets worked from even if posters aren’t in cohorts directly 

tbh i agree with Hanoi to a degree that they shouldn’t hang people out to dry based on views or things that they did 20 years ago (within reason )

his “crimes” weren’t really of that importance to me ... I was just surprised all the people that “aren’t labour supporters “ on this forum hadn’t commented on it with the same zeal they would have were it a Tory MP 

And then we got it doesn’t matter cause some bloke died and Tory’s are evil.... that’s not to trivialise death but it did steer the conversation away from the topic in hand  to Tory’s are evil 

Cahoots, Tony.

Cohorts don't have that conspiratorial suggestion, being people born on the same day or suchlike.

But if you want to criticise Labour, why go past the astonishing, immoral and illegal war against Iraq and other parts of the ME, and talk about trivia?

I know what you mean

Same with the Lavery stuff. 10 miners 4 quid a week, 2 grand a year for 80 years, doesn't cover his expenses. Then half a dozen posts about it's a bit dodgy, but hey he did a great election campaign. so all's ok

I don't think you can in this day and age Peter, It was a while back. And whilst we are still suffering the consequences, and no matter how stupid they were. What seems important, to far too many people in this day and age is what happened in the last 2 weeks

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I see that perpetual knobhead Fallon has complained that people talking down Saudi Arabia is impacting our bomb sales.

Wrong thread. Tories are words removed thread is thataway. :)

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, colhint said:

No your'e right it wasn't half a dozen it was seven.

I've found one post - not seven - that mentioned he had run a good election campaign, and that post says 'morally he's really let the movement down'. Absolutely no-one said anything that could be glossed as 'all's ok' that I can see. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, colhint said:

I know what you mean

Same with the Lavery stuff. 10 miners 4 quid a week, 2 grand a year for 80 years, doesn't cover his expenses. Then half a dozen posts about it's a bit dodgy, but hey he did a great election campaign. so all's ok

I don't think anyone said it was OK, far from it. The consensus was that it's not right he'll get away with it, just because of how well he did in the election.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

No your'e right it wasn't half a dozen it was seven.

What are you on about? Your 'it's a bit dodgy, but hey he did a great election campaign. so all's ok' claim has been pointed out to be tripe.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

10 miners 4 quid a week, 2 grand a year for 80 years, doesn't cover his expenses.

What, on earth, are you on about? :huh:

Â