The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I got to be honest I haven't got a clue what @colhint and @tonyh29 are waffling on about over the last couple of pages. All I have seen in relation to O'Mara and Lavery is condemnation.

In terms of those of us saying it should be put into perspective against things that are happening that are having a dire impact on peoples lives that seems a perfectly rational thing to do.

Of course there is the possibility that me being a Tory hater is making me not see things but this seems like people reading into something that simply isn't there.

Waffling .. righto

it went like this ...

Me - quiet in here isn't it , wonder if a labour MP has done anything controversial lately .. wink wink

Labour supporters - Aren't Tories Evil  , etc etc etc

Me and Colhint - hmmm that's kinda weird

fwiw , I've never mentioned Lavery or even commented on him

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Waffling .. righto

it went like this ...

Me - quiet in here isn't it , wonder if a labour MP has done anything controversial lately .. wink wink

Labour supporters - Aren't Tories Evil  , etc etc etc

Me and Colhint - hmmm that's kinda weird

fwiw , I've never mentioned Lavery or even commented on him

It didn't quite go like that did it. Posters, both Labour and non Labour supporters, condemned what O'Mara, and Lavery previously, have done and then in relation to O'Mara pointed out that it needs to be put into perspective against other political happenings that are having a dire impact on peoples lives.

These political threads will have a crossover and comments will be made about the other parties. As the master of ah but... you should know that better than anybody ;)

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Edit-Sorry Mark I didn't mean to quote you. 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess what they could have done is said , yeah O'Mara is a bit of a  tool  and then tottered off to the Tory thread and pasted their daily   "Tory's are evil " from their clipboard

what they chose to do was reply with something straight out of central office and not even remotely related

I can imagine them down the pub  ...What do you want to drink ? check leftfootforward.com  for appropriate response to question ...... yeah those Torys are all selfish rocket polishers aren't they

Yes I'm aware the Politics threads have always been that way 

My first thought was this assertion was somewhat patronising. But on reflection there's something in it. 

I will concede it's probably an accusation I also guilty of myself. I believe that many  people are swayed by the opinion dressed up as fact in much of what I believe to be rabidly pro Neo Liberalist mainstream media. 

However in this instance I'm going to have insist that you call people out rather than generalise (as that is a luxury that I afford only to myself). 

(It's worth noting that it's a underpinning believe of mine that almost every person is full of contradiction in their actions and words).

Edited by PompeyVillan

18 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

My first thought was this assertion was somewhat patronising. But on reflection there's something in it. 

I will concede it's probably an accusation I also guilty of myself. I believe that many  people are swayed by the opinion dressed up as fact in much of what I believe to be rabidly pro Neo Liberalist mainstream media. 

However in this instance I'm going to have insist that you call people out rather than generalise (as that is a luxury that I afford only to myself). 

(It's worth noting that it's a underpinning believe of mine that almost every person is full of contradiction in their actions and words).

It’s not  intended to be patronising fwiw , though my posting style does often result in that accusation being aimed at me .. I guess I could change my style but the other accusation levelled at me is that I’m stubborn , so I probably won’t :)

i also agree with your last paragraph fwiw 

Edited by tonyh29

51 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

’m fairly sure 20 years ago I said things I wouldn’t now hold to be true or might be embarrassed about were they presented to me.

20 years , get you , it’s more like 20 mins in my case

That bottom tweet encapsulates exactly why the man is an idiot. There’s plenty of taxi co-operatives out there now, most of them are the worst taxi firms in terms of service to the public... because the drivers decide what they will and won’t do. Drivers would also restrict numbers and strangle their own business quite happily just so long as they thought they were securing their own income (which they actually wouldn’t be)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

That bottom tweet encapsulates exactly why the man is an idiot. There’s plenty of taxi co-operatives out there now, most of them are the worst taxi firms in terms of service to the public... because the drivers decide what they will and won’t do. Drivers would also restrict numbers and strangle their own business quite happily just so long as they thought they were securing their own income (which they actually wouldn’t be)

I feel this post threatens the very existence of Diane Abbott. If Diane Abbott’s purpose on this earth isn’t to demonstrate that Corbyn is an idiot then surely she has no purpose, this can’t be allowed to happen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Co-operatives aren't a bad idea at all but it all depends on where and how they are applied. This is just an example of his utopian 'thinking'.

Â