The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Could go in the Brexit thread but might be more specific Labour issue... Corbyn with comments today that are very stupid on the market. We need the market and he's completely wrong.

Agreed but his stance is softening in line with public opinion swinging from leave to remain in the polls. He’s playing a more astute game than previously, he’s started to avoid answering questions that will create headlines in the probrexit shitrags

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Agreed but his stance is softening in line with public opinion swinging from leave to remain in the polls. He’s playing a more astute game than previously, he’s started to avoid answering questions that will create headlines in the probrexit shitrags

This is the key. To not just track everything the Tories do is to fall into their trap. The moment they deviate the press slaughters them. Let the Tories make their own mistakes.

On 09/20/2017 at 05:09, Seat68 said:

I scrolled for a bit and couldn't see anything. Could you give examples. 

Yes, I wasted some time trying to find the offensive comments mentioned, couldn't see any.

I did see someone claiming that antizionism was antisemitic though, which I found pretty offensive.

Holograms and broadcasts from floating pontoons in the sea 

the Dear Leader is becoming more messiah like every day...

hope they can find Ed’s stone it’s sounding like we may we’ll need it soon 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 12:38, Chindie said:

he's completely wrong.

Well, yes. It happens a lot.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

he’s started to avoid answering questions

'cus he's not like the other politicians, see. He's different from those unprincipled scoundrels, he's open, honest and straight...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Holograms and broadcasts from floating pontoons in the sea 

the Dear Leader is becoming more messiah like every day...

hope they can find Ed’s stone it’s sounding like we may we’ll need it soon 

there is definitely a worrying slide towards cult

that chanting of the 'ooooo Jeremy Corbyn' thing at conference actually made me feel a little worried, fine as a spontaneous reaction once or twice but people are getting a bit carried away

I want interesting politicians, I don't want cults

(ha! cult sounds a bit like sausage pocket)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Xann said:

End of PFI.

"Rail, water, energy, Royal Mail- we’re taking them back".

Go on, do it, f*** the suited pricks off.

Ha ha ha - Let's see what our right wing press makes of that?

Maybe they’ll point out that paying an eff ton of money to ”the suited pricks” seems a tad, well, toryish. Maybe they’ll point out that the money might be better directed at, say, the NHS.?  Maybe they’ll ask whether regulating water, rail, etc a bit more rigorously might not be more effective?

As for canning PFI, yes, do it. Very Good move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Maybe they’ll point out that paying an eff ton of money to ”the suited pricks” seems a tad, well, toryish.

That depends on what they end up paying per share?

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Maybe they’ll point out that the money might be better directed at, say, the NHS.?

Get the Tories and private money interests out of the NHS and that boat will start to right itself.

Ditching the crippling sums being paid for rents and allowing the service to source its own generic drugs, rather than forcing them to pay through the nose from 'favoured' suppliers would go a long way to balancing the books from the off.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Maybe they’ll ask whether regulating water, rail, etc a bit more rigorously might not be more effective?

Ha ha ha - Well the evidence so far is that private money gets its foot in the door, waits til it feels safely entrenched, then screws the public coffers for all it can get.

You going to change that culture of greed? Good luck. The suited pricks don't give a monkey's.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Xann said:

That depends on what they end up paying per share?

Get the Tories and private money interests out of the NHS and that boat will start to right itself.

Ditching the crippling sums being paid for rents and allowing the service to source its own generic drugs, rather than forcing them to pay through the nose from 'favoured' suppliers would go a long way to balancing the books from the off.

Ha ha ha - Well the evidence so far is that private money gets its foot in the door, waits til it feels safely entrenched, then screws the public coffers for all it can get.

You going to change that culture of greed? Good luck. The suited pricks don't give a monkey's.

Remembering that all these privatised services and utilities were sold off (by the tories) to a large swathe of the community - "Sids", little old ladies and so forth and that even accepting  a proportion of them will no longer be with us, or perhaps have sold on their shares and maybe now they're owned by pension funds or whoever. Or maybe they're owned now by "pricks in suits" - it's either the government taking shares from "ordinary people" or from people's pensions at a below market price figure, or it's passing money directly to "pricks in suits" - neither of those seem like particularly bright things to be doing. There are far more important or pressing things to be dealt with. And it's not a case of "well you can do multiple things at once" here - the legislation, the level of budgetary and other planning to "take back" Rail, electric, water, Post...into government hands is very significant. And it's not like with Brexit going on (I know Labour doesn't want to dicsuss trivia such as Brexit) there's lots of civil servants sat round doing nothing.

It's Corbyn all over - an impractical, ideological, expensive disgression from dealing with what's really urgent and important.

I agree with you about the NHS - it needs to get the vultures out and resources in. Resources including people  - even people from the EU [Shhh...don't mention Brexit!].

Governments of whichever shade being too weak on companies taking the mick - yeah, they have been. I thought Corbyn's supposed to have the political courage to be different. Seems not. Milliband proposed energy cap etc. Even T.May picked up on that (and then ignored her pledge). It's not that hard, and it's a lot simpler than finidng 100s of billions to buy North West Water off "suited pricks" or Northern Rail off the German Gov't or power stations off the French State energy company etc.

At a time when the world it seems is in a complete mess, we've got a governement of absolute efftards and an opposition of ludicrous Cult followers

• Like 1

it's either the government taking shares from "ordinary people" or from people's pensions at a below market price figure, or it's passing money directly to "pricks in suits" - neither of those seem like particularly bright things to be doing.

They're putting their stall out with these announcements, putting the Blair legacy behind them. As for the above, it's looking to serve the greater part of the population long term. If we keep saying a short term sting isn't worth a long term improvement? We're going nowhere.

As for Brexit, what do you expect Labour to do? Fox, Hammond and co are deliberately keeping the bad news that's landing on on their desks every day under wraps. They've been utilising the carrot and the stick on their key civil servants in an attempt to keep a shroud of darkness over the current dealings.

This rather hampers constructive criticism from anyone, beyond 'You don't know what you're doing', which is blindingly obvious to everyone that isn't a lobbyist.

As for the cult? That really becomes a problem if Corbyn starts believing it himself. I don't think he's a despot yet - You might think differently?

This isn't a pretty situation. I'd much rather everyone voted Green as Red and Blue are both shambolic and self serving.

Since Red vs Blue seems to be choice we have? Unless you're cosily snuggled up in the world of private everything, it surely has to be Red? Or the suited pricks' march of destruction will continue.

• Like 1

I went to the Labour conference in Brighton this morning to see the debates on the new racism rules. Mike Katz who got heckled off stage last year had a pretty good talk about how Labour needs to be a lot clearer towards members who are crossing the line but are left alone because their views are "sincerely held" (see Israel). Laura Kuenssberg walked around with a body guard as she'd received rape threats and abuse 5 minutes after entering the building. Leah Levane also had a good talk about how weaponising anti-semitism should not be allowed, but she conceded that there are some elements of the new parts of Labour who needs to be either thrown out or disciplined. While at a hard-left meeting during the conference last night there were calls to ban the Jewish Labour Movement from Labour. At the same event it was claimed that saying that the holocaust didn't happen shouldn't justify punishment from the party as it's free speech.

One week ago from JC's hard-line supporters: "Leave Diane Abbott alone, no one should troll and threaten women online".

The same people over the last few days: "Laura Kuenssberg is biased therefore she deserves the threats she's getting - she's only hiring a security guard as a media spin".

For next year I think we should merge the labour and conservative conferences into one and call it the Edinburgh Festival. 

I'll go back to sticking my head in the sand now - there's clearly no problem. I gave the conference a try this year as I knew they would actually debate some issues that could affect how I vote at the next election. As usual Corbyn is deathly silent on all things that he should be addressing.

Go on then, you got me again. 

"The same people over the last few days: "Laura Kuenssberg is biased therefore she deserves the threats she's getting - she's only hiring a security guard as a media spin"."

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

They're putting their stall out with these announcements, putting the Blair legacy behind them. As for the above, it's looking to serve the greater part of the population long term. If we keep saying a short term sting isn't worth a long term improvement? We're going nowhere.

As for Brexit, what do you expect Labour to do? Fox, Hammond and co are deliberately keeping the bad news that's landing on on their desks every day under wraps. They've been utilising the carrot and the stick on their key civil servants in an attempt to keep a shroud of darkness over the current dealings.

This rather hampers constructive criticism from anyone, beyond 'You don't know what you're doing', which is blindingly obvious to everyone that isn't a lobbyist.

As for the cult? That really becomes a problem if Corbyn starts believing it himself. I don't think he's a despot yet - You might think differently?

This isn't a pretty situation. I'd much rather everyone voted Green as Red and Blue are both shambolic and self serving.

Since Red vs Blue seems to be choice we have? Unless you're cosily snuggled up in the world of private everything, it surely has to be Red? Or the suited pricks' march of destruction will continue.

I look at it differently, Dave.

The nationalisation thing, I see as a long lasting, short and long term term sting to "solve" a problem that can be much better addressed. As an example, say, my utility bill is too high. Do you

a) Spend 100s of billions nationalising the utilitiesCompanies, then set the price of gas, once you've bought the industry, to a lower level - a process that would take several years, and reduce the income to the Gov't from the industry it would then own, or do you

b.) Regulate immediately to limit the charges the utilities can set?

One is quick, cheap and effective. The other is slow, expensive and counter -productive.

As for Brexit Labour should be arguing against it.

Corbyn is showing increasing signs of dictatorship, IMO.

Totally agreed Red and Blue are both shambolic and self serving.

• Like 1

Â